To mark its 30th anniversary, Castle Craig Hospital in Scotland is launching an annual international essay writing competition for students. The competition is intended for all students of medicine, psychology, nursing, psychotherapy and social work.
Focus on Addiction:
Entrants can choose from 3 different essay questions on an aspect of addiction, and essays should be not more than 3000 words. Essays should be academic papers including references, and may rely on personal experiences, objective opinions or a general outlook.
The three essay questions are:
- Is addiction to a drug a brain disease?
- What is the role of psychotherapy in realising and sustaining recovery from addiction?
- ‘Society holds the solution to addiction because social problems are the main cause.’ Discuss.
The award for 1st prize is £1,000, and there will be up to 5 runner-up prizes of £250. Additional notable submissions will receive a written commendation.
- The essay should be 3000 words or less (Not including Title page, Bibliography or References). Essays of more than 3000 words will be disqualified. The judges are looking for a well written, original and interesting essay, including references.
- The entry must be word processed and well presented.
- Please include a separate title page showing the essay title, your name, your university or college and the full word count.
- All entries must be accompanied by a signed entry form sent by post, or electronic form. Essays received without an assigned entry form will be disqualified. Submissions by fax will not be accepted. E-signature is acceptable, as is a scanned document of the entry form.
- Essays may be submitted as a hard copy by post, or as a Microsoft Word document email attachment sent to email@example.com – Please specify on the entry form by ticking the correct box.
How to Submit:
Click here to download the entry from.
Submission Deadline: December 30, 2018.
Contact: +44 1721 788 485
For further details on the same, click here.