Applications are now open for the Cartier Women’s Initiative Science & Technology Pioneer Award 2021. This new award is especially dedicated to recognizing women impact entrepreneurs at the forefront of scientific and technological innovation.
The Science & Technology Pioneer Award, a new thematic category launched in collaboration with Hello Tomorrow for the 2021 edition of the Cartier Women’s Initiative.
The Cartier Women’s Initiative is an annual international entrepreneurship program that aims to drive change by empowering women impact entrepreneurs. Founded in 2006, the program is open to women-run and women-owned businesses from any country and sector that aims to have a strong and sustainable social and/or environmental impact.
The three fellows will receive:
- US$ 100,000 grant for the laureate (top business)
- US$ 30,000 grant for each of the two finalists (2nd and 3rd runner-up businesses).
Human Capital Support
- The fellowship program focuses on several key areas of human capital support for women impact entrepreneurs, including developing a strategic financial mind-set, speaking to inspire, and scaling social impact.
- Community peer learning sessions
- Strategic financial mindset module that aims to support fellows in building their roadmap for growth
- Speaking to inspire’ communication module that focuses on leadership presence and media training
- Strategy mentoring module developed by our academic partner INSEAD business school that supports fellows in refining their business strategies
- A scholarship to attend a one-week INSEAD Social Entrepreneurship Programme pending admission based on INSEAD’s eligibility criteria and selection process.
The program is open to women entrepreneurs from any country and sector, this award will highlight disruptive solutions built around unique, protected, or hard-to-reproduce technological or scientific advances that require heavy R&D, a long commercialization cycle, high capital intensity, technology risk, and complexity.
The Jury evaluates the applications based on the following criteria:
- Technological innovation
- Market analysis & fit
- Business model sustainability & validated development plan
- Embedded positive social impact
- Leadership team & character of the founder
- Commitment to Cartier Women’s Initiative
- Quality of submission
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
The last date to apply is July 31, 2020.
For further details, click here.