About the awards
The Cartier Women Initiative Awards 2019 are an international business plan competition created in 2006 by Cartier, INSEAD Business School, McKinsey & Company to identify, support and encourage projects led by women entrepreneurs.
About the competition
The annual competition involves two rounds:
- First Round – The jury selects 21 finalists, the top three projects from each region on the basis of their application. They receive coaching from experienced business experts to move on to the next round.
- Second Round – The finalists are invited to the final round of the competition which includes submitting a detailed business plan and presenting their projects in front of the Jury during the Cartier Awards Week. Based on the quality of the plan and the persuasiveness of the verbal presentation, one laureate from each of the 7 regions is selected. The announcement of the laureates takes place during the Awards Ceremony.
To be considered for the Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards, the business must be:
• Currently generating revenue.
• Early stage (between one and three years of operations).
• Led and owned by a woman.
The competition is open to women of all ages and nationalities, from all countries and in all sectors of industry.
First prize for the 7 laureates:
• US $100,000 in prize money
• One-on-one personalized business mentoring
Second prize for the 14 finalists:
• US $30,000 in prize money
How to apply
To apply for the Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards, candidates must fill out an online application form at this page during the application period.
The jury evaluates the businesses based on the following criteria:
- Creativity: the degree of innovation shown by the overall business concept.
- Financial sustainability and scalability: the financial viability of the business, indicating chances of long-term success.
- Social impact: the impact of the business on society and on the immediate or broader environment.
- The overall quality and clarity of the material presented.
The applications must be made latest by 31 August 2018.
For more information, write to: email@example.com
For more information, visit the official website here.