The Caravan occupies a singular position among Indian magazines. Its stories present a unique mix of detailed reportage and lively and vivid writing, with a commitment to the art of storytelling, whether the subject is politics, culture or art.
About the Fellowship
Caravan plan to hire one reporting fellow with at least one year of experience and demonstrated interest in reporting and writing on public health.
- 1-3 years of experience in health reporting and writing. A robust understanding of the public health situation in India, an ability to find and cultivate sources, strong interviewing and investigative skills, a nose for news and a commitment to improving one’s own writing. Candidates from marginalised social groups are encouraged to apply.
- The Delhi office is a small shop, with the environment of a start-up, and requires team players with a willingness to be flexible.
- This is a full-time position. Night, holiday, and weekend work may be required.
- Producing accurate health journalism on the cutting edge of public-health discourse
- Closely tracking developments in public health, and developing a wide range of sources, particularly among opinion makers and public institutions working in the health sector
- Engaging in in-depth on-the-ground reporting to provide nuanced coverage on the biggest challenges affecting India’s health sector
- Working closely with the public-health editorial fellow and others editors to plan reporting and to edit material intensively into final stories
- Writing long-form stories that combine investigation, data journalism and on-the-ground reporting, while combining journalistic rigour with an eye for literary detail
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can send a résumé, two samples of writing, three story ideas, two references (names and contacts) and a cover letter to Vinod K Jose, Executive Editor, at vinod.caravan[at]delhipress.in with the subject line “The Caravan Health Reporting Fellowship—2020” before 10 am on 23 May 2020.
May 23, 2020
For further details, click here.