The National Center For Biological Sciences, Bangalore invites applications from meritorious candidates for the Campus Fellows Program for the year 2020.
The Campus Fellows Program is targeted at postdoctoral scientists of exceptional talent and provides them broad independence and support to carry out their research in a host laboratory at NCBS or inStem. Fellows are expected to drive new research directions in their host laboratories and to establish themselves as independent scientists.
- Campus Fellows are appointed for a period not to exceed 4 years, contingent on successful annual review every year. The Fellowship provides a consolidated salary of Rs. 90,000 per month as well as campus housing.
- The program is flexible: Fellows may choose to hold a part of their Fellowship off-campus for collaborative work and training relevant to their program of research.
- During their tenure, Fellows are also eligible to apply for external competitive awards.
Candidates should not have more than 4 years of postdoctoral research experience. Fellows must be sponsored by a local host who is a member of the NCBS/ inStem Faculty.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates need to apply with a full application package as a single collated PDF which should consist of the following:
- Your latest CV
- A research proposal with detailed plans and timelines of the project, developed in close collaboration with your proposed host.
- The length should not be more than 4-5 pages including references.
- PDF versions of 1 to 3 first-author publications.
The application package needs to be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, candidates also need to send the following: –
- A letter of support from your proposed host (emailed directly to email@example.com)
- At least 2 letters of references (emailed directly by the referees to firstname.lastname@example.org)
The last date to apply is May 31, 2020. Short-listed candidates will have to present their research proposal and will be interviewed by the panel. The date of the interviews and presentations will be updated later.
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.