Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has established and launched Malaria Elimination Research Alliance (MERA) India on the eve of World Malaria Day 2019. The vision of the scheme is to initiate a Trans-institutional research alliance for evidence-based support to accelerate malaria elimination in India. The overall goal is to bring together all stakeholders working on malaria including researchers, health-care professionals, government and nongovernment organizations, public health representatives, policy makers under one roof.
Objective of MERA
The key objectives of MERA India are:
- to prioritize research to address gaps and challenges,
- to orchestrate research with stakeholder engagement,
- to promote and facilitate planning and conduct of prioritized research and
- to translate and disseminate research into impact.
The Thematic Working Groups (TWG) meetings on the following subjects:
- Epidemiology and Parasite Biology
- Vector Biology and Control
Individuals holding permanent positions in medical colleges/ universities, educational and research institutes, NGOs, industries.
Duration of the research proposals should be preferably up to two years. All projects involving research on human beings/animals must be cleared by the Human ethics committee/Animal ethics committee of the respective institute.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants are required to email the concept proposal to meraindiaicmr[at]gmail.com
- The format for preparing the concept proposal is available here.
- The advisory panel will review the submitted proposals and shortlisted applicants will be contacted to submit the detailed proposal.
- Last date for submission of concept proposals: Oct 31, 2019
- Result of the shortlisted applicants: Nov 15, 2019
- Last date for submission of detailed proposals: Dec 15, 2019
- Result of the selected projects for funding: Jan 15, 2020
Address: MERA India Secretariat, Room No. 119, First Floor, ICMR- National Institute of Malaria Research, Dwarka Sector-8, New Delhi-110077