Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India and Russian
Science Foundation (RSF)have concluded a Programme of Cooperation (POC) for
funding of Joint Research Proposals in India and Russia in the areas of Basic Science.
Under this POC, each project will receive annual funding of up to equivalent of US
$ 100,000 in respective national currencies.
DST and RSF invite active Indian and Russian scientists / researchers to submit
proposals for Joint Research Project in the following areas of basic sciences under
- Mathematics, Computer and Systems Science;
- Physics and Space Science;
- Chemistry and Material Science;
- Biology and Life Science;
- Basic Research for Medicine;
- Agricultural Science;
- Earth Science;
Proposals submitted in other research areas will not be considered.
Terms of the Project
- The duration of each project is up to three years.
- The team leader shall be entitled to submit only one application to take part in this
competition. There shall be no restriction on the number of projects that one
organisation may implement.
- The scientists who are in any way involved in the implementation of two or more
projects that were previously supported by the DST or RSF and that are not expected to be completed by 31 December 2018 are not eligible to be a member of the research team.
- Indian researchers should submit their proposals on format available here.
- After registration, they should move to scheme and format section where details about this call would be available in the International cooperation (bilateral). One hard copy of the proposal should be sent to Department of Science & Technology at contacts given below.
- Deadline for Submission: Sep 14
For any queries, contact
Adviser & Head, International Division
Department of Science & Technology,
Ministry of Science & Technology,
Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli
Road, New Delhi – 110016, India