West Bengal Doctors Forum (WBDF) has been providing Free Telemedicine Services to Asymptomatic and mildly symptomatic COVID positive patients in home isolation since 26th April 2021. So far, over 25 thousand people from the state, other states of India, and overseas too have availed the services.
A list of doctors’ consultation numbers was circulated keeping in mind the urge of the pandemic by the West Bengal Doctors Forum. Since then they were receiving a large number of calls which was causing them a lot of stress.
About the Volunteers Programme
SwitchOn decided to volunteer with them by taking calls and guiding them accordingly. They have set up COVID19 Doctors’ Helpline Number. Volunteers required in this critical time to serve both patients and also doctors from the safety of their homes. As they are getting about 150 – 200 calls every hour – they need to immediately recruit volunteers.
- There is flexibility in time slots you can choose – service is from 7AM to 11PM
- Certificates and a gift of appreciation will be provided to volunteers who clock over 50 hours and 100 hours
- No medical requirement – just Bengali and Hindi ability is required
This is completely voluntary work and not on a payable basis.
- The numbers of the volunteer will not be disclosed to calling patients and will only receive calls during the allotted time.
- Volunteers will have to maintain complete confidentiality of the information and follow the process given.
- Volunteers will not be charged by the telecom operator for calls they received and at the same time will not be paid for the services offered.
- Volunteers will only be required to collect patient information and provide doctor details from the database provided to them. The volunteer would not be required to share Information like a hospital bed, medicine or oxygen services.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the programme through this link.