Amnesty International India invites applications for Conversations’ 2018 – a Youth and Media Conclave to be held in New Delhi.
‘Conversations 2018’ is a conclave that brings together leaders and change-makers from across the nation to discuss human rights issues that are relevant to contemporary India:
- Confronting the threat posed by online violence against women
- Gender identity and Bollywood: Stereotyping LGBTI people in film
- Communal violence and communal harmony in contemporary India
- Shrinking space for dissent: Freedom of expression in the time of hyper-nationalism
- Restoring trust in the era of “fake news”
- Media ownership and its impact on editorial independence.
At this conclave, we will discuss the participation of youth and the role of media in promoting human rights and generate a dialogue with a panel of experts.
Six outstanding young speakers will get an opportunity to be on the panels and share their perspectives on the selected themes.
- Must be in the 18 – 30 years age group.
- Demonstrable interest and experience in the relevant theme of discussion
How to apply
If you wish to be a speaker, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title ‘Conversations 18 Speaker’ and fill in the form on this page.
- Phone (080) 493 88 000
- Email: email@example.com
For official website, click here.