UN-Habitat and GCoM’s Innovate4Cities Conference are inviting applications for Regional Curators.
UN-Habitat is co-hosting the (virtual) Innovate4Cities conference with the Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy (GCoM). The Innovate4Cities Conference seeks to support accessible, innovative, equitable city climate action through promoting, guiding, and sharing city-focused research and innovation, driving partnerships and implementation at the local and neighbourhood scale.
- A minimum of 2, maximum of 6 local government, research institutions and or organisations representing sectors with expertise in city climate change science or innovation from your time zone region
- Includes at least 1 research institute/University and 1 local government from within your time zone region
- Evidence that your team includes or will partner with other urban stakeholders to be able to provide regional and thematic contextual content to the program and target appropriate participants.
- One individual to act as the Team lead and contact with conference organiser
- All team institutions/organisations will be recognised as sponsors, via logo, and lead individual/s can be named as regional curators
- Curate a mix of at least 5 sessions on the programme, including speakers, panel discussions, workshops, virtual field trips, cultural elements relevant to the region (e.g music, art etc),;
- Commit to regular (fortnightly, then weekly) meetings with organising team, and delivering programme sessions by due date
- Supporting the mobilization of science, city, private industry and innovator participants in the region via outreach and communications support in the region
- Co-hosting a Mayoral opening and closing event for networking and partner building in the region
- Gain significant organisational and brand visibility at major global conference, including via being recognized as sponsors (logo and website) on conference website and relevant virtual promotional material.
- Shape regional discussions and priorities before and during the conference in cooperation with the relevant national / regional Covenant of Mayors.
- Opportunities to showcase organisational good practice in the conference programme, including via representation in a high-level panel and by showcasing local stories via a virtual field trip. In addition to programming a series of sessions, workshops and events for the Conference, be offered opportunity to participate in / organize a high-level panel, including the opportunity to host a welcome and closing event by the Mayor/s of the curatorial team city/cities
- Contact with other regions working on similar or complementary challenges and strategies
- All team members (individuals) will be recognised as Regional Curators on website and programme
- Launch of Expression of Interest: April 19
- Deadline for submissions: May 10
- Short list Invited to meet with organising team to confirm involvement: May 19
- Regional curators to provide a draft program of ideas: June 10
- Final programme due: June 30
How to Apply?
To apply for this opportunity, click here.
Dr Cathy Oke
For more information, click on the link below:
You may be interested in: