The APN invites proposals under the Collaborative Regional Research Programme (CRRP) and the Capacity Development Programme (CAPaBLE) for funding from September 2020. A limited amount of financial support is available for regional research and capacity development activities that fall within its areas of interest.
- Climate change and climate variability and their related impacts (climate projections/downscaling, extreme events, DRR, monsoon, etc.)
- Ecosystem-based adaptation and disaster risk reduction
- Smart agriculture (resource allocation, livestock, food, technology transfer, innovation, extension, etc.)
- Transboundary issues (pollution, water quality, human health, fisheries and microplastics, invasive species, waste management, etc.)
- Transition towards a sustainable future
- Water, food and energy security
- Improving the quality of climate change projections to address climate change impacts at national and subregional levels
- Extreme events related to monsoon and climate change
- Climate change and impacts on human health (physical and mental health)
- Coastal erosion and increasing risk to infrastructure
- Climate change adaptation due to increased flood, drought and wildfire events
- Ecosystem-based adaptation (EbA) in the context of international processes such as IPBES, IPCC, NOWPAP, AP-PLAT, etc.
- Increasing the resilience of indigenous and local communities to climate-induced impacts
- Addressing knowledge gaps on social vulnerability due to the impact of a changing climate and unsustainable use of biodiversity
- Technology transfer for smart agriculture and food security
- Policy-relevant research on the implementation of nationally determined contributions (NDCs)
- Energy efficiency, GHG emissions reduction, facilitation of adoption of related mitigation policies
- Impacts of microplastics; research on new materials to combat microplastics
- Transboundary air pollution and its impacts on human health
Summary Proposals must be completed and submitted by Sunday, 10 November 2019, 23:59:59 JST.
Researchers, academics, practitioners working in institutions based in APN member country and approved country is eligible to apply for APN grant. Details of eligibility criteria are outlined in the Guide for Proponent.