Call for Proposals Under the CRRP & CAPaBLE Programmes at APN, Japan: Submit by Nov 10
The APN invites proposals under the Collaborative Regional Research Programme (CRRP) and the Capacity Development Programme (CAPaBLE) for funding from September 2020. A limited amount of financial support is available for regional research and capacity development activities that fall within its areas of interest.
- Climate change and climate variability and their related impacts (climate projections/downscaling, extreme events, DRR, monsoon, etc.)
- Ecosystem-based adaptation and disaster risk reduction
- Smart agriculture (resource allocation, livestock, food, technology transfer, innovation, extension, etc.)
- Transboundary issues (pollution, water quality, human health, fisheries and microplastics, invasive species, waste management, etc.)
- Transition towards a sustainable future
- Water, food and energy security
- Improving the quality of climate change projections to address climate change impacts at national and subregional levels
- Extreme events related to monsoon and climate change
- Climate change and impacts on human health (physical and mental health)
- Coastal erosion and increasing risk to infrastructure
- Climate change adaptation due to increased flood, drought and wildfire events
- Ecosystem-based adaptation (EbA) in the context of international processes such as IPBES, IPCC, NOWPAP, AP-PLAT, etc.
- Increasing the resilience of indigenous and local communities to climate-induced impacts
- Addressing knowledge gaps on social vulnerability due to the impact of a changing climate and unsustainable use of biodiversity
- Technology transfer for smart agriculture and food security
- Policy-relevant research on the implementation of nationally determined contributions (NDCs)
- Energy efficiency, GHG emissions reduction, facilitation of adoption of related mitigation policies
- Impacts of microplastics; research on new materials to combat microplastics
- Transboundary air pollution and its impacts on human health
Summary Proposals must be completed and submitted by Sunday, 10 November 2019, 23:59:59 JST.
Researchers, academics, practitioners working in institutions based in APN member country and approved country is eligible to apply for APN grant. Details of eligibility criteria are outlined in the Guide for Proponent.
For more details, click here.
About the Author