Call for Proposals: Smart and Integrated Local Energy Systems by EU and India [Funding Amount Upto Rs. 141Cr]: Submit by Jan 29, 2020
About the Proposal
The EU-India Clean Energy and Climate Partnership foresee strengthened cooperation in energy research and innovation, in particular, related to renewable energy and its integration in the energy system. As part of the implementation of this Partnership, a joint call for proposal is launched aiming at smartly integrating large amounts of renewable energy in local energy systems and in this way make energy supply cleaner, more efficient and affordable.
This joint call is conducted on the basis of the principles of the Agreement on scientific and technological cooperation concluded between the EU and India. For this joint call for proposals, the EC has committed €9 million under Horizon 2020, Work programme (2018-2020) on Secure, clean and efficient energy; and the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, agreed to match that amount. In total, funding of €18 million will thus be available.
Proposals should develop and demonstrate novel solutions, integrating all energy vectors (electricity, heating, cooling, water, wastes, etc.), including possibilities offered by batteries and electric vehicles, interconnect them and optimize joint operation with an increased share of renewables and higher energy efficiency. Cooperation will take the form of a proposal demonstrating a local energy system (or several) in Europe and/or India.
- Minimum THREE applicants from India
- Minimum THREE entities from Europe (from three different Member States/Associated Countries)
Eligibility for European applicants will be as per Horizon 2020 rules of participation; For Indian applicants, as per Indian law specified in guidelines hereunder.
- Develop and demonstrate novel solutions which analyse and combine, in a well-delimited system, all the energy vectors that are present and interconnect them, where appropriate, to optimise their joint operation that is demonstrated by an increased share of renewables in and higher energy efficiency of the local energy system.
- Proposals should present a preliminary analysis of the local case as part of the content of the proposal and propose to develop solutions and tools for the optimisation of the local energy network, that also have a high replication potential across Europe and India
- It should bring together all vital stakeholders: local consumers, small to medium industrial production facilities and/or commercial buildings should be involved in the projects from the start, preferably by creating energy renewable energy communities.
- Proposals should propose to develop solutions and tools for the optimisation of the local energy network, that also have a high replication potential across Europe and India.
Should not exceed 42 months
How to Submit?
The complete text of proposals must be submitted to both funding agencies:
- Horizon 2020 – Horizon 2020 Funding & Tenders Portal
- Project Proposal via the DST online portal e-PMS
Jan 29, 2020
For more details, click here.
About the Author