Applications are invited for SERB Science and Technology Award for Research (SERB-STAR) for the year 2021. The last date of submission is 28 July.
SERB Science and Technology Award for Research (SERB-STAR) is a prestigious award instituted by SERB to recognize and reward outstanding performance of Principal Investigators (PIs) of SERB Projects. SERB has been supporting basic research in frontier areas of science and engineering through its various programs and schemes.
The number of researchers under the ambit of SERB has increased over the years and they contribute significantly towards the progress of science and engineering in the country through their research endeavour. SERB-STAR is an initiative to acknowledge exemplary contributions in research and also to motivate the PIs of ongoing projects for outstanding performance.
- The nominee should have completed individual-centric SERB project in previous three financial years with “Excellent” grading. Only the PI of such projects and not the Co-PIs shall be eligible.
- The applicant must hold a regular academic/research position in a recognized academic institution or national laboratories or any other recognized R&D institutions.
[The term “Regular” refers to:
(1) Those who are appointed by the institutions against the ‘sanctioned’ post. Such positions are regularized/confirmed after the probation period is over.
(2) Those who are appointed in a tenure post but are likely to be renewed after the end of the tenure].
- The age of the nominee should be within 40 to 50 years as on December 31 of the year in which the call is made.
- PIs who have an ongoing fellowship/honorarium such as JC Bose Fellowship, ShantiSwarup Bhatnagar Prize, Swarnajayanti Fellowship, etc. are not eligible.
- Individuals who are nominated for SERB STAR but are unsuccessful can be renominated for consideration in the following year subject to fulfilling other eligibility criteria.
- The application would be by nomination which must be submitted online through the SERB website
- Call for the nomination would be made once in a year.
- The nomination shall be made by the Head of the Institution of the nominee.
- At Stage 1 – Preliminary Scrutiny, verification of eligibility criteria including “Excellent” grading will be carried out by SERB. Only those nominations found eligible would be considered for Stage 2 – Award Selection Process.
- The selection by a competent committee will be based on the performance of completed projects and other research work would carry a top-up weightage.
Nature of Support
- Fellowship of Rs 15,000/- per month, research grant of Rs. 10 lakh per annum and Rs 1 lakh per annum as overhead charges for a period of three years.
- Up-to 30 awards per year and not more than 90 at any time.
- Online applications start: 15 June 2021
- Last date of submission: 28 July 2021
Click here to view the official notification for SERB Science and Technology Award for Research (SERB-STAR) 2021.
You may also be interested in:
- Post-Doctoral Fellow at IIPS, Mumbai: Apply by June 21
- Call for Proposals: Indo-Russian Joint Research Program 2021 [Funding Upto Rs. 70L]: Submit by June 20