Submissions are invited for Promotion of University Research and Scientific Excellence (PURSE 2021). The last date of application is 13 December.
Proposals are invited online for consideration of support under the Scheme “Promotion of University Research and Scientific Excellence” (PURSE), DST Government of India. The main objective of the scheme is to provide support for strengthening the R&D base of the performing Universities in the country.
Nature of Support
The Scheme will provide the support to acquire research facilities,research manpower cost, acquiring research consumables, funds for travel, organizing workshops and conferences, contingencies and maintenance of the facilities. Universities are encouraged to harness their areas of excellence into an inter-disciplinary thematic effort of an accomplished team, with clearly articulated objectives. Proposals towards individual R&D support would not be accepted under this Scheme. The synergy and focus of research may preferably be aligned to National Missions/ priorities.
The duration of support for each PURSE Project will be for a period of 4 years.
The Scheme is exclusively for the University sector. Other academic Institutions/IITs/NITs/IISERS/Colleges are not eligible to apply under the Scheme. UGC Recognized Central Universities/ State Funded Universities/Deemed Universities and Private Universities are eligible to apply under the Scheme.
The eligible university should not have received major funding from UGC or government major funding of more than Rs 10.0 crores in the last 5 years, or should not have received support under SAIF/ SATHI or PURSE program of DST in the last 10 years from the date of sanction order.
All other agency-basedUniversitiesareexcludedfromthescopeofPURSEsupport. For the host institute (HI) irrespective of their status, as Government / Non- Government, the funding pattern & its mode will be maintained at 75:25 ratio, i.e., DST share would be supporting 75% and the management of the Government / Non-Government Host Institute would need to provide 25% of the total sanctioned cost of the project.
- Log on onlinedst.gov. into accessing the homepage of the“DSTe-PMSPortal”.
- Before filling up the form candidates are advised to carefully go through the Relevant Advertisement published at the DST
Website(www.dst.gov.in) and also available under Proposal Formats in the e-PMS Portal after logging in the portal site.
- To save your time and avoid data loss please download the proposal format, fill all the information required as per the format as a Word and PDF file (max. size 5Mb) and then keep it ready for upload during submission of mandatory documents.
- After filling all the above particulars there is provision for preview your detail before the final submission of the application form
on clicking on the “Preview” button.Previewpagewilldisplayallfacts/particulars that you have mentioned on entry time
if you are sure with filled details then click on the “Submit” button to finally push data into the server.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change
will be possible/entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
- Universities are requested to identify the appropriate category against the advertisement and to submit single proposal only .
Mandatory Documents to be uploaded with the Online Proposal:
- Letter from UGC about the Recognition 12 (B) and 2 (F)
- Endorsement Letter from the Vice-Chancellor/Registrar of the University
- Department of Science and Technology – Policy on Conflict of Interest
- Terms and Conditions for “PURSE” program
- Project Implementation Group of PURSE (PIG)
- Endorsement Letter
- Brief Summary of the PURSE PROJECT (in two pages only)
Criterion for Selection
- The proposal received will be evaluated by the Programme Management Board.
- Parameters of Excellence e.g., H factor with I10indices will be considered along with the score of NIRF ranking and the number of patents to select the University.
- The Proposal will be selected based on the relevance of thrust areas of Research, the requirement of facilities, expertise available, etc.
- The selection process will be through a peer review mechanism and visit the Universities, if necessary.
- Programme Management Board of Experts will assist DST in making the final selection.
Online Application must be submitted by 13 December 2021
Dr Pratishtha Pandey
Email id: pratishtha.tp[at]nic.in
Click here to view the official notification of Promotion of University Research and Scientific Excellence (PURSE 2021) by DST.
You may also be interested in: