Considering the overwhelming response for the fixed grant scheme MATRICS, devised for active researchers pursuing Mathematical Sciences and the demand from researchers belonging to other Theoretical Sciences, the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) has decided to extend the fixed grant scheme to other Theoretical Sciences including Quantitative Social Sciences.
To provide fixed grant support to active researchers with good credentials in Mathematical Sciences, Theoretical Sciences and Quantitative Social Sciences. The main attribute of this scheme would be submission of a simple 1-2 page mathematical/theoretical proposal. The funding provided would cater to the specific needs of Mathematical/Theoretical Sciences research.
- Mathematical Sciences (MS): Mathematical and allied areas
- Theoretical Sciences (TS): All areas of Science and Engineering (other than mathematical and allied areas)
- Quantitative Social Sciences (QSS): Quantitative Social Sciences which involves quantitative analysis using mathematical, statistical or computational techniques in the areas of Social Sciences
Purpose of Grant
- Purchase of text books and monographs.
- Purchase of minor equipment such as workstation, laptop, etc.
- Purchase of software for research purposes.
- Travel support and payment of registration fee for invited talks or presenting a paper in national and international conferences.
- Travel support for collaborative visits in India and abroad.
- Travel support and other logistics for inviting students and young researchers for research activities.
- The applicant should be an active researcher in the field of (i) Mathematical Sciences and allied areas; (ii) Science and Engineering (excluding mathematical sciences) or (iii) Social Sciences involving quantitative analysis using mathematical, statistical and computational techniques.
- The applicant should hold a Ph.D. or M.D./ M.S. / M.D.S./ M.V.Sc degree and must be working on regular basis in academic institutions/national labs or any other recognized R&D institutions
- The applicant should have completed Ph.D. or M.D./ M.S. / M.D.S./ M.V.Sc degree atleast five years prior to the submission of proposal, in order to have gained individual experience.
- The applicant should have at least four years of service remaining before superannuation as on the date of submission of the proposal.
For successful online submission of the proposal the following points may be noted:
- Applicant(s) should first register into the online website click here to register
- After log-in applicants are required to fill all the mandatory fields in Profile Details Section under User Profile which includes Bio data (as per defined template), Photo, Institute Address, etc.
- Some of the details required to be entered for proposal submission include Project Title (max 500 characters), Mathematics review subject classification in case of MATRICS, Keywords (max 6), Project summary (max 3000 characters), etc.
Research grant of Rs. 2 lakh p.a. for a period of three years.