The Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) invites proposals from ambitious research scholars for the Indo-U.S. Virtual Networked Centers.
The Indo-U.S. Virtual Networked Centers provide a platform to enable Indian and American scientists from academia, laboratories, and industry to carry out joint research activities by leveraging already existing infrastructure and funding available with the partners on both sides.
The Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) established under an agreement between the Governments of India and the United States of America in March 2000, is an autonomous bilateral organization jointly funded by both the Governments that promotes Science, Technology, Engineering and Innovation through substantive interaction among government, academia, and industry.
- Knowledge R & D Networked Centers aim to encourage joint project implementation amongst Indian and American scientists from Academia and Laboratories on focal areas of research through networking may also provide opportunities for integrating research with education.
- Public-Private Virtual Networked Centers enable Indian and American scientists from Academia and Industry to work together to promote pre-commercial R & D activities having potential towards applied research and product development. These Centers are aimed to best capitalize on the scientific and technological innovations in translating ideas from the bench to the market place.
- Round-trip international airfare by economy class and shortest route to visit partnering institutions.
- Per diem for visiting, researchers with short stay up to 2 weeks and long stays for up to a 4- week period.
- Related posts to cover accommodation and/ or local hospitality.
- Contingencies up to INR One Lakh for the dissemination of research, educational materials, and reports.
Funding is generally granted for a two-year period up to a maximum of INR Fifty Lakh.
- Qualified researchers from all disciplines of Science, Technology, and Engineering working at Indian and American Academic Institutions, Laboratories, and Industries. The research topic should be of high scientific quality, originality, and relevance to cover areas of topical and mutual interest.
- Minimum of two Indian and two American distinct institutional partners (2+2 Partnership Mode).
- All partners should have an intellectual and financial stake in the Networked Centers activities by contributing resources required for the project execution (including associated salary costs).
- Proof of existing funding support available towards infrastructure and equipment has to be provided as a part of the proposal.
Call for Proposals
To submit your research proposals online, click here.
The last date to submit your proposals is August 31, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.