Proposals are invited for India Cancer Research Consortium 2021 by ICMR. The last date of submission is 1 October 2021.
Under the India Cancer Research Consortium, ICMR-ICRC invites applicants to submit a concept proposal of 3-4 pages in different areas of cancer as per the details given below.
India Cancer Research Consortium (ICMR-ICRC) is a research collaboration established under the aegis of the Indian Council of Medical Research-Department of Health Research (ICMR-DHR) to promote, articulate and prioritize cancer research in our country. The idea behind establishing the consortium is to identify the gaps in cancer research in India by bringing together all stakeholders–government/non-government institutions/ academic institutions/ industry to improve cancer outcome. The Consortium’s Technical Advisory Group has identified six key thematic areas to prioritize and articulate research challenges.
For the second call for proposals, research proposals are invited under six thematic areas:
- Prevention & Epidemiology
- Palliative Care
- Basic biology and
Sub areas that have been identified under the thematic groups are:
- Covid and cancer
- Tobacco and cancers
- Cancers in special groups (tribal population)
- Development of newer tools and early diagnostics for cancer
- Ovarian cancers (correlation with rampant use of infertility drugs and incidence of ovarian cancers)
- Alcohol and obesity related cancers and
- Development of validation assay/tool/solution which are ready to be rolled out for clinical trial in 3 years.
Points to be remembered
Duration of the research projects will be for three years which can be extended upto 5 years. The grant provided per proposal will be up to 5 crores for the total duration. The proposals are expected to be as per following general principles:
- The proposals must address at least one of the above mentioned thematic areas & also one of the sub thematic areas of ICRC.
- Should focus on outcomes that are readily translatable into practice.
- Preferably in multidisciplinary collaborative mode.
- Be Innovative and promote development of indigenous technologies.
- Be feasible and within the constraints of the funding and time available.
- Foreign collaboration is not allowed under the call.
- Priority will be given to projects that are ready for implementation/scalability in the form of deliverables and point of care technologies and to projects from North-East region, considering the high incidence and paucity of data on cancer in the North-East.
All concept proposals should be submitted online at https://epms.icmr.org.in as a brief 3-4 page concept note on/before 1st October 2021, 5:00 PM. No submission after this time will be accepted and no queries in this regard will be entertained. Format of submitting concept proposals can be downloaded from here.
You may also be interested in: