About the Program
France’s ministries of Europe and foreign affairs (MEAE) and of higher education, research, and innovation (MESRI) in collaboration with Campus France have implemented a program to encourage international students to pursue masters-level training in earth systems, climate change and sustainability, the energy transition or societal challenges of environmental issues at French institutions of higher education. Master’s grants will be made annually under the program, beginning with the 2020 academic year.
Who may Apply?
International students may apply for support for one or two years of study toward a master’s degree by including in their application a letter of admission to a master’s program (first or second year) at a French institution of higher education.
Four broad research themes are prioritized:
- earth systems,
- climate change and sustainability,
- energy transition,
- societal challenges of environmental issues.
- possess or be pursuing a French licence or an equivalent undergraduate degree (Bachelor),
- be exclusively of the nationality of one of the eligible countries (Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, New-Zealand, Singapore and South Korea)
- reside in one of the eligible countries (listed below)
- not have resided in France after April 1st, 2019.
They must enrol in the master’s program before October 2020.
Successful students will receive an excellence grant in the amount of €1,190 per month over 12 months (for students enrolling in the second year) and over 24 months (for those enrolling in the first year) – funding for repetition is not possible. Round-trip airfare will also be provided, as well as medical insurance.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the grants through this link.
- March 6th, 2020: Application period opens
- April 5th, 2020 at 11:59 pm CET: Application period ends
- Week of June 15th, 2020: Results are announced
- Between September and October 2020: Students report to participating institutions
Email: mopga[at]campusfrance.org, infomopga[at]campusfrance.org