The Science and Engineering Research Board invites research proposals for the ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic Outbreak under a special IRHPA (Intensification of Research in High Priority Areas) Call.
COVID-19 virus has spread rapidly throughout the world bringing an epidemiclike situation. Given the lack of an efficacious vaccine and lack of availability of suitable chemotherapeutic interventions, the global population has been hit hard with utmost vulnerability to the current coronavirus outbreak.
Thus, there is an urgent need to ramp up national R&D efforts for new antivirals, vaccines, and affordable diagnostics. With this background, SERB announces a special IRHPA Call (3-year duration) specifically designed for COVID-19 and related respiratory viral infections.
Call for Proposals
Academic and research institutions are encouraged to submit competitive proposals having a strong interdisciplinary component between chemists, biologists, virologists, immunologists, and clinicians, in the following areas. One of the participating institutions should have access to BSL-3 and above facilities, along with the expertise of handling respiratory viruses as per WHO/Govt. of India protocols.
- New or repurposed antivirals against valid viral targets; viricidal coatings; etc.
- Affordable diagnostics for symptomatic and asymptomatic respiratory viral infections
- Investigational vaccines against respiratory viruses
- Development of disease models for respiratory viral infections
- Studies on immune response and immunity during respiratory viral infections
- Epidemiology of COVID and other respiratory viral infections.
It is desirable to bring technical partnerships and collaborative know-how from biotech and pharmaceutical companies. SERB is committed to strategic investments to accelerate antiviral research under the aforementioned verticals.
How to Apply?
To submit your proposals online, click here. The last date to submit your proposals is April 30, 2020.