DBT Invites Proposals under Accelerated Translational Grant for Commercialization (ATGC) Program to Translate Research Leads beyond Early Stage Validation and Encourage Academia to Develop Product/ Process/ Application.
- To Support Proposals aiming for Late Stage Validation.
- To Accelerate Translation of Laboratory Research beyond Early Stage Validation.
- To Bridge the Innovation Gap through Partnerships and to Provide Support System.
- Drugs and Drug Discovery
- Biotherapeutics and Regenerative Medicine
- Clinical Trials
- Devices & Diagnostics
- Agriculture & Animal Biotechnology (including Aqua and Veterinary Sciences)
- Industrial Biotechnology/Secondary Agriculture
- Bioinformatics & Computational Biology
- Clean Energy & Environmental Solutions
- Academic Lead Translation (ALT): Academia Independently or in Collaboration with Other Academic Partner(s) or Industry in a Contract Research Mode.
- Academia-Industry Translational Research (AITR): Academia by Involving Industry as Collaborator.
Who can apply?
Academia is required to be the main applicant. Collaborations between Academia- Academia are encouraged for ALT and Academia-Industry are required to be applicants for AITR.
How to apply?
Proposals are required to be submitted online only on the DBT ePromis web portal via this page. Only those proposals that are submitted as per the ATGC Proposal format will be considered.
Fundamental Science frequently yields discoveries that promise societal benefits in areas such as health care, sustainable energy, animal and marine biotechnology, agriculture etc. To encourage technological innovation, DBT envisages providing funding opportunities for fundamental research that is explicitly aimed towards application development.
To take advantage of research results with potential for commercialization, DBT would enable academic researchers to take their fundamental research to next phase via translational research opportunities that launch their idea towards an end-use under Accelerated Translational Grant for Commercialization (ATGC).
Dr. Sundeep Sarin, Adviser, DBT