The Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India invites to participate against ‘Joint Call for Proposals – 2020’ under the India-Serbia Scientific and Technological Cooperation Program between the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Ministry of Science and Technology of the Republic of India and the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development (MESTD) of the Republic of Serbia. The call will be open from February 24, 2020 to May 31, 2020 to invite joint proposals from both the sides.
Call for Project Proposals
The priority areas for this Call mutually agreed are as given below:
- New Materials and Nanotechnology;
- Energy and Energy Efficiency;
- Information and communication technologies;
- Human Health;
- Biotechnology including food technology and food security
- Scientists/Faculty Members working in a regular capacity in recognized universities/deemed universities, academic institutes and national research & development laboratories/ institutes can apply as Principal Investigator (PI). One CO-PI is mandatory to be part of the Indian team from the proposed project. However, the number of CO-PI may be more than one as per the rationale of project objectives and desired expertise.
- The Indian PI should not be retired during the proposed duration of the project.
- The proposal should include research partners as PI and CO-PI from Serbian research institutes/ universities with clear demarcation of objectives to be carried out by both research teams.
- The Indian scientists who are involved in any capacity in the implementation of two or more ongoing projects (not expected to be completed by December 2020), is supported by the international division of DST are not eligible to be a member of the research team.
How to apply?
Indian applicants must submit online proposals to DST through the e-application system provided at official website on or before closing date with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. The following documents need to be uploaded with the Annexure I.
- Description of available research resources, including short CV’s of research team members and inventory of relevant equipment.
- Certificate for Conflict of interest (Indian PI, available on www.onlinedst.gov.in)
- Letter of Agreement for all kinds of cooperation, signed by all PIs and duly forwarded by the Head of the host institutes
Declaration from the Indian PI about ongoing projects under the International Division of DST. Indian applicants must submit online proposals to DST through the e-application system provided at www.onlinedst.gov.in on or before closing dates with copy to email@example.com. To avoid last minute load on the system, applicants are encouraged to apply well in advance. Please note email queries regarding this call would be entertained till May 15, 2020.