Applications are invited in online mode only for selection under Institute Post Doctoral Fellowship (IPDF) program at IIT Guwahati in the Departments of Bioscience and Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics and Centre for the Environment.
- PhD degree holders with first class or equivalent in preceding degree and having consistently a good academic record.
- From the PhD thesis or Post-PhD work, at least two research publications in refereed journals/conference proceedings.
- Not completed five years from the date of completion of PhD programme.
- A PhD student who has submitted a thesis but not completed the PhD programme can also apply. However, such a candidate is expected to complete the PhD programme and submit a provisional or original PhD degree certificate within 6 months from the date of joining as IPDF.
- A PhD degree holder from IIT Guwahati is eligible to apply only after gaining one year of post-PhD relevant experience and the (opted) mentor is other than his/her PhD supervisor(s).
- For applicants in chemical Engineering, at least one degree (Bachelors/Masters/PhD)” in Chemical Engineering is required.
- Age Limit: Maximum Age is 35 years. It can be relaxed by 5 years for women, reserved category and PWD candidates.
- Both Indian and Foreign nationals are eligible to apply for IPDF. If selected, before joining the Institute, a foreign national candidate will have to obtain required permission from the concerned authority of the Government of India.
Willing candidates can apply for the fellowship on or before the last date 19 September 2019 via this page.
- For an IPDF who has submitted PhD degree certificate: Between Rs.54,000 – 66,000 consolidated pay (depending upon the experience and qualification)
- For an IPDF who has not submitted PhD degree certificate: Rs.40,000/- consolidated pay.
- An annual increment of Rs.6000/- is granted based on the satisfactory performance as per the assessment report of the PAC subject to the following conditions: After the increment the consolidated pay is to be less than or equal to Rs.66,000/- and After the increment, if the consolidated pay amount exceeds Rs.66,000/-, then the consolidated pay will be fixed as Rs.66,000/- and it will remain the same further.
For any clarification, the candidate may write to firstname.lastname@example.org