Nominations are invited for CAIRD Award 2020 by CSIR. The last date of nomination submission is 5 August 2021.
Purpose of Award
The Award will recognize those outstanding S&T innovations that have helped transform the lives of the rural people or alleviated the drudgery of the rural people or have helped in generation of employment. Successful S&T innovations that are implemented at the ground level thus will be considered.
The innovation applied for, should simultaneously have also broaden interactions among academic, R&D and rural financial institutions, industry and commercial sectors, and rural people and provide newer vehicles for participatory development.
Any India Team, or an organization, or a company registered in India will be eligible to apply.
The technological innovation should have:
- Created a paradigm shift in standards of quality of life or alleviated the drudgery of the rural people;
- Demonstrated competitive advantage and positive user response;
- Helped in generation of rural employment in the country; and
- Show a new way of conducting business to achieve social and economic transformation in the domain of rural development.
The application for the Award could be made in response to the Advertisement issued by CSIR which will also be available at CSIR website. The format of the application is provided in the Annexure. The application should be sent in plain paper through secured means to:
Head, Technology Management Directorate-Socio-Economic Ministry Interface
Vigyan Suchna Bhawan, 3rd Floor,
14, Satsang Vihar Marg,
Special Institutional Area,
New Delhi – 110067 India
For selecting the awardee, a two-tier selection process will be adopted. The initial screening, to shortlist the qualifying applicant out of the total application received, will be done by a committee of eminent experts representing diverse disciplines.
The Committee will be chaired by an eminent rural development expert/ social scientist/ technologist/ member of the CSIR GB. The shortlisted applicants will be considered by a high-level expert committee chaired by an eminent rural development expert/ social scientist/ technologist/ Chairman of CSIR Advisory Board.
This annual award consists of a prize of Rs. 10 Lakh, a citation and a plaque.
You may also be interested in:
- Call for Nominations: Padma Awards 2022 by Govt of India: Submit by Sept 15
- E.K. Janaki Ammal Award on Taxonomy for the Year 2020 [Award Worth Rs. 5 L]: Apply by July 31
- Call for Nominations: CSIR Diamond Jubilee Technology Award 2020 [Cash Prize of Rs. 10L]: Submit by July 25