Ashoka invites young leaders under 20 years of age to become Ashoka Young Changemakers for the year 2021. Ashoka Young Changemakers is a carefully selected network of young people who have found their power to create change for the good of all and are ready to take on their role as youth influencers, peer allies and co-leaders of the global Everyone a Changemaker movement.
- This opportunity is just for you if:
- You are under 20 years of age
- You are a Changemaker
Your idea – You deeply empathized with a problem and from that understanding developed your own original idea for addressing it.
Your team – You built a team around this idea. You lead by helping others lead, helping them realise they can create positive change.
Your world changed – You helped improve people’s lives and the environment around them. You are always committed to the good of all.
- You want to co-lead the global Everyone a Changemaker movement
You are a co-leader – You believe that everyone needs to take initiative and solve problems, everyone needs to find their power as changemakers. You are eager to help your peers and everyone in your school/community/country to find their power.
- Stage 1: Online Nomination & Screening
Nominate yourself or someone you know through the online form. Reflect on your journey as a Changemaker and access inspiring ideas to advance your initiative.
- Stage 2: National Review
Interact with te Ashoka team in your country. Learn more about the co-leadership opportunities for you to contribute and useful insights to help you accelrate the growth of your leadership and changemaking competencies.
- Stage 3: International Review
Interact with a Senior Leader from the Ashoka team and with young changemakers from our global network. Understand Ashoka better, and gain expert insights to advance your changemaking journey.
- Stage 4: Selection Panel
Attend an in-person discussion and selection panel, that would include top social entrepreneurs, journalists and other leaders. Meet other top young changemakers and discuss ideas to influence youth culture in your country and to co-lead the Everyone a Changemaker movement.
Perks & Responsibilities
- An international recognition of your ability to create positive change
- Become an integral part of a global community of like-minded teenage social innovators
- Attend Induction and Bootcamps with leading entrepreneurs – social and business
- Create personalised learning goals to grow as a leader and access Ashoka’s knowledge resources, mentors and events to achieve them
- Become a Peer ally, influence institutions, and build partnerships to create a culture of changemaking and problem solving among the youth in the city/community/country.
Call for Nominations
Nominations are open year-round for Ashoka Young Changemakers in the countries seen below. By completing the nomination form, you are expressing interest to receive an application during the next application cycle per country.
The panel and Ashoka will invite a select group to become Ashoka Young Changemakers. You are inducted into a global community and gain access to co-leadership bootcamps, media partnerships, public speaking platforms, exposure visits, strategic allies and more opportunities to grow yourself and to influence youth culture in your country.
Every Ashoka Young Changemaker is tasked with the responsibility of co-leading the Everyone a Changemaker movement. As a co-leader, you can drive existing Ashoka initiatives for young people or come up with new ideas to fuel the movement.
Writingthe act of creating written worksMore (Definitions, Synonyms, Translation)