About the Program
The One Young World Journalist of the Year Award was created to recognise five of the most promising young journalists between the ages of 18 to 35 from around the world. The purpose of this award is to highlight the work of young journalists who are fearlessly and boldly inspiring others through their work, changing the way stories are reported, and empowering others by giving them a voice.
One Young World believes that the next generation of young journalists are paramount to creating powerful and meaningful change, providing the important means to ensure freedom of speech and a defence of rights are justly upheld in all regions across the world.
This year award will be presented to 5 winners at One Young World 2020 in Munich, which takes place from 14-17 of October.
To be considered for the award, nominees must:
- Be aged between 18 and 35 years old
- Have substantial evidence of the impact and importance of their journalism
- Be passionate about the right to freedom of thought, expression and speech
- Have demonstrable interest in the pursuit of social, economic and/or political rights through journalism
In addition to receiving the award:
- Access to the entirety of the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich
- Hotel accommodation on a private basis between 13 and 17 (inclusive) October 2020
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (flights in economy)
- Catering, which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
How to Submit?
Interested applicants can submit their entries through this link.
April 30, 2020