About the Awards
Radical Innovation, a global platform promoting innovative, industry-changing ideas within the hospitality space, is looking for new concepts that present opportunities for the hotel guest and hospitality industry growth. With an expanded interest in moving ideas from concepts to reality, we are asking participants to submit hospitality concepts that provide not only new meaningful experiences for consumers, but also new revenue growth opportunities or operating cost saving opportunities, for owners, investors, operators,and contractors.
- Radical innovation encourages entries in both the Professional and Student categories.
- A NEW “product category” is introduced for 2020 as it applies to Radical Innovation in Hospitality, adding opportunites in addition to the current “design & concept” category submissions.
In the Hospitality Design/Concept Category:
- $10,000: grand prize (Professional)
- $5,000: runner-up (Professional)
- $1,500: Student prize
In the Hospitality Product Category:
- $1,500: grand prize (Professional or Student)
- $150 for professionals: Existing Design/Concept or Product
- $150 for professionals: New Design/Concept or Product
- Complimentary for professionals currently furloughed or without a company affiliate at this time
- Complimentary for students
- Concepts (existing or new) must be truly innovative and offer the market something that is not widely available.
- Design/Concepts must include guestrooms and may include lobby/public areas. Including F&B facilities and other amenities is optional, but recommended.
- Product concepts may be applicable to any aspect of the hospitality industry.
- We encourage designs to include innovations in health and wellness in hospitality
- Multiple entries by a single entrant (or company) are permitted.
- Existingt entries must have been completed within 18 months of the competition.
- Must be able to provide a notarized disclosure form and certification of project originality and authenticity, if your entry makes it to the final four or the Special Judges Award.
- Students will be considered alongside professionals
- Requirements for submission: concept narrative, renderings of your concept. To be entered in a PDF less than 100MB.
- PDF must have no names of entrants or companies associated. The jury review will be a blind process.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply through this link.
April 30, 2020
For more details, click here.