About the book
The aim of this book is to bring together a multidisciplinary approach for understanding the nuances of translational research in the field of biotechnology and it will give an insight into the application side. There is a need for clinical scientists who can be effective facilitators of the translational process. However, existing norms award biomedical researchers according to individual achievements and not as a group.
Increased complexity in biomedical research has distanced the laboratory from clinical scientists, and thus there is a need for clinical scientists who can serve as facilitators of the translational process. However, the training of such individuals is lengthy and expensive, and incentives are needed. Moreover, training such as facilitator experts is expensive and requires much institutional collaboration.
This book aims to elaborate on the importance of translational research with illustrative examples and it addresses the challenges faced. It will discuss practical approaches in the development of personalized medicine, systems and dynamical medicine. It intends to outline future research prospects of the bench to bedside approach. The purpose is to explain biotechnology in a different light than most textbooks i.e., it uses an application-oriented approach.
This book is to be divided into three major parts.
- The first part of the book will give a brief introduction and discuss the definition and distinguish between translational and basic research.
- The second part will elaborate on the resources, tools, and applications for understanding disease complexity, finding effective biomarkers, production of drugs, creation of better disease models, novel therapies and personalized medicine.
- The third part of the book will focuses on translational bioinformatics, synthetic biology and systems approach in drug design and discovery, clinical applications and recent research work in the field.
- Introduction to Translational Biotechnology
- Biotechnology Based Therapeutics
- Pathway and Target Discovery
- Biological Therapeutic Modalities
- Translational Bioinformatics
- System Biology and Synthetic Biology
- Drug Discovery, Personalized and Precision Medicine
- Socio-Economic Impact of Translational Biotechnology
- Abstract Submission (abstract with TOC): December 31, 2019
- Preliminary acceptance/rejection notification: January 20, 2019
- Full chapter submission: March 25, 2020
- First review notification: May 01, 2020
- Revised paper submission: June 01, 2020
- Acceptance/Rejection notification: July 01, 2020
- Camera-Ready Submission: July 15, 2020
Dr Yasha Hasija (Department of Biotechnology, Delhi Technological University, Bawana Road, Delhi-110042)
Email id: yashahasija06[at]gmail.com, tbiotechnology[at]gmail.com.