About the Book
With the advancements of semantic web, ontology has become the crucial mechanism for representing concepts in varied domains. For research and dispersal of customized healthcare services, a major challenge is to efficiently retrieve and analyze individual patient data from a large volume of heterogeneous data over a long time span.
This demands effective ontology-based information retrieval approaches for clinical information systems. Further, Information Retrieval (IR) since its inception has matured into an established mechanism for facilitating fast and relevant information retrieval. However, mining relevant information from large amount of distributed data demands understanding the semantics of the desired information using ontology.
The current web standard does not support Semantic Web technology. Information retrieval is fundamentally based on keyword-matching approaches. The fact that individuals use diverse terms to denote the same object presents a significant challenge in the healthcare industry. Healthcare is one of the finest represented subject areas on the Semantic Web currently.
The book shall be a first of its kind that shall highlight only the ontology driven information retrieval mechanisms and techniques being applied to healthcare as well as clinical information systems. The book can serve as a potential textbook for courses in healthcare systems as well as technologies. It can also serve as a reference book to medical practitioners as well as researchers involved in implementing as well as providing customized health care solutions to patients.
Call for chapters
- A Multi-agent Infrastructure for Healthcare Process Improvement Using Ontology
- An Internet of Things Approach for Managing Smart Services Provided by Wearable Devices
- An Ontology-Based Intelligent Agent System for Semantic Search in Medicine
- Deep learning and clinical natural language processing
- Design and Implementation of e-Health System Based on Semantic Sensor Network
- E-Healthcare Decision Support System based on Ontology Learning
- Ontologies in Supervised Learning from Medical Data
- Ontology based Machine Learning using Data Mining Techniques
- Infectious disease ontology
- Ontology Based Public Healthcare System in Internet of Things (IoT)
- Ontology driven interactive healthcare with wearable sensors
- Ontology-based system for patient monitoring
- Semantics-Powered Healthcare Engineering and Data Analytics
- Rare disease diagnosis as an information retrieval task
- Last Call for Chapter Proposal (500-1000 Words): 31st May 2020
- Notification of Proposal Approval: 1st July 2020
- Full Chapter Submission: 31st August 2020
- Review of Chapters notification to Authors: 30th September 2020
- Revised Chapter Submission from Chapter Authors: 31st October 2020
- Final Acceptance/Rejection Notifications to Chapter Authors: 20th November 2020
For submission details, check out this page.
Dr. Vishal Jain