About the Book
The fast-paced urbanization, Indian cities are already facing a shortage of available resources. This rapid pace of urbanization is putting extreme pressure on the existing infrastructure facilities in our city. Many urban planners, city managers and researchers have stressed the need for using the internet of things and big data to manage the available resources efficiently and in a sustainable manner.
Although there are many pieces of research on the internet of things and big data in the smart city concept, there is hardly any implementation of these researches in Indian cities. Further, the ambitious 100 smart city initiative in India could not be completed because of many reasons.
This book would specifically like to talk about the gaps in understanding and execution in research which may help in making Indian cities more sustainable and smarter. This book will mainly focus on the use of IoT and Bigdata in the field of Urban Transportation and Mobility, Management of Energy, Water and Waste and Managing Disasters in a city.
The collaborative study will help in finding the key areas where Indian cities are lagging. The outcome from the book will assist in preparing strategies to implement the projects and policies based on the use of the internet of thing and bigdata. Thus, helping Indian cities to achieve sustainable development goals.
- IoT and Big Data in ‘Transportation and Mobility’ or
- IoT and Big Data in ‘Energy Management’ or
- IoT and Big Data in ‘Waste Management’ or
- IoT and Big Data in ‘Water Management’ or
- IoT and Big Data in ‘Disaster Management’ or
- IoT and Big Data in ‘Environment Management’
- IoT and Big Data in ‘Women and Child Safety’.
This chapter will be a part of the book published under the CRC Press of Taylor & Francis Group.
- Indian nationals in foreign universities/organisations
- Foreign researchers, academicians, research scholars, industrialists, government officials and others.
Cost of Publishing
- Free of cost.
Abstracts can be sent directly to the book editors’ e-mail id – email@example.com. Email subject shall be ‘IoT and Big Data Chapter Abstract Submission’.
- Abstract Submission: 10th October 2020
- Full Chapter Submission: 21st December 2020
- Dr. Navneet Munoth
Department of Architecture and Planning,
Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology (MA-NIT), Bhopal,
firstname.lastname@example.org | +91 96916 20084
- Mahfuzuar Rahman Barbhuiya
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
email@example.com | Phone: +91 91655 73434
For further details, click the link below.