About the Book
Business and marketing analytics are emerging fields that can potentially extend the domain of performance management to provide an improved understanding of business dynamics and lead to better decision making. This book focused on marketing and business which is related to usage of data in the manner that can be used to know more about organization and customer how we cater the needs and aspiration of customer and how we can make the best decision by using the data In this book we also suggest the various marketing and business strategies to solve real market and organization challenges.
Realizing the importance of data Indian enterprises are leveraging it to enhance customer experience, employee productivity and business growth. According to forester insight driven companies will earn $1.8 trillion by 2021.
The objective of this book is to explore the concept and applications related to marketing and business. Besides this, it shall also provide future research directions in this domain. Business analytics in marketing helps companies target customer needs by focusing their messaging or timing of a certain product or service on what is best for the consumer. A marketer who wishes to be effective in today’s competitive market must be able to look at the data, understand it, analyse it and then interpret it to create a smart marketing strategy. Big data is also a significant source of information on how consumers use social media to interact with businesses.
Book includes all chapters related to analytics of marketing and business. Business analytics has a wide range of applications and usages. It can be used for descriptive analysis in which data is utilized to understand past and present situations.
Business analytics is also used for prescriptive analysis, which is utilized to formulate optimization techniques for stronger business performance. For example, business analytics is used to determine pricing of various products in a departmental store based past and present set of information.
Marketing analytics, specifically web and digital marketing analytics, helps in checking operations and their individual upshots, thus empowering in optimum and efficient use of available resources.
This book will be accepting contributions from various fields. The tentative table of contents is as follows:
- Part I: Introduction: This part deals with basics of big data analytics, big data analytics challenges, business big data analytics Techniques, Applications and uses of big data analytics, big data analytics role in business and marketing. This part further elaborate how big data analytics fits in business and marketing. This section is expected to serve as a prelude to the book and provide us all background details to understand the other parts of books.
- Part II: Applications of Business Analytics
- Chapter1. Understanding the business problem
- Chapter2. Big Data analytics and algorithm
- Chapter3. Big Data mining process
- Chapter4. Business complexity growing out of globalization
- Chapter5. Business data understanding
- Chapter6. Big Data preparation, modeling and evaluation
- Part III: Business Intelligence
- Chapter 7: Life Cycle of Business Analytics Project
- Chapter 8: Decision support system
- Chapter 9: Business analytics and performance management
- Chapter 10: Contribution of business analytics on strategic planning
- Chapter 11: Business analytics for supply chain
- Part IV: Analytics for Marketing Decision Making
- Chapter 12: Big Data analytics for market intelligence
- Chapter 13: Marketing decisions
- Chapter 14: Big data analysis for marketing mix
- Chapter 15: Creating value with data analytics
- Chapter 16: Decision making of marketer by data analytics
- Chapter 17: Prediction of various stages of life cycle of product
- Chapter 18: Study of consumer behaviour
- Chapter 19: Product /service decisions
- Part V: Digital marketing
- Chapter 20: Study of patterns related with online marketing
- Chapter 21: Digital marketing data analytics
- Chapter 22: Prediction of marketing by consumer analytics
- Chapter 23: Web analytics for digital marketing
- Chapter 24: Marketing Intelligence for optimum marketing return
- Chapter 25: Smart retailing
- Chapter 26: Smart advertising
- Academic scientists, researchers and industrial practitioners are invited to submit chapter proposals for this edited book entitled ” Big Data Analytics: Applications in Business and Marketing ” to be published in Taylor & Francis.
- To submit papers, click here.
- Abstract Submission: 21st December 2020
- Full Chapter Submission: Feb 15, 2021
- Notification to Authors: March 1, 2021
- Submission of the Revised Versions: 15th March 2021
- Final Acceptance Notification: 28th March 2021
- Dr. Kiran Chaudhary
Department of Commerce, Shivaji College,
University of Delhi, New Delhi, India
- Dr. Mansaf Alam
Big Data, Cloud Computing and IoT Laboratory
Department of Computer Science,
Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, India