Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO) was initiated and established by the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and other 36 scientific institutes as well as international organizations worldwide. ANSO was founded to improve regional and global capacity in science and technology, human livelihoods and wellbeing, and to promote broader S&T cooperation and communication.
According to the ANSO Strategic Plan, the ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents (hereinafter referred to as the ANSO Scholarship) is launched for the training and cultivation of young scientists from all over the world.
About the Scholarship
Applications are open for the Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO) Scholarship for Young Talents 2020. The ANSO Scholarship provides young students/scholars who are non-Chinese citizens an opportunity to pursue postgraduate education at the colleges or schools of the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) or institutes of CAS around China.
It consists of 2 programs: the master program and the PhD program. Every year, up to 200 master students and 300 PhD students from all over the world will be sponsored to study in CAS.
- Not hold Chinese citizenship;
- Provide proof of proficiency of English or Chinese language;
- For master program applicants: be maximum age of 30 years on 31 December 2020;
For PhD program applicants: be maximum age of 35 years on 31 December 2020;
- Meet the admission criteria for international students of USTC/UCAS;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of his/her scholarship.
- Awardees will receive a monthly stipend from CAS through USTC/UCAS. Specifically, master awardees will receive a monthly stipend of RMB 3000, while PhD awardees will receive a monthly stipend of RMB 6000 or RMB 7000 depending on whether he/she has passed the qualification test arranged by USTC/UCAS for all doctoral candidates after admission.
- All the awardees will also be provided with health insurance as well as tuition and application fee waivers. A certain amount of travel subsidy from their home countries to China will be provided to the awardees in order to begin the scholarship in China (one trip only per person). Any scholarship awardee on site in China, the host country, at the time of application will NOT be eligible for any travel subsidy.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the scholarship through this link.
March 31, 2020
Tel: +86 10 82674900, +86 10 82672900
Email: phd[at]ucas.ac.cn, master[at]ucas.ac.cn