The International Energy Agency (IEA) invites applications from women researchers for the IEA C3E (Clean Energy Education and Empowerment) Fellowship.
About C3E Initiative:
The Clean Energy Education and Empowerment (C3E) Initiative under the Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM) was set up in 2010 to promote policies and programs that advance clean energy technology including the need to harness all talent and human capital to affect progress.
About C3E Fellowship:
Establishment of an annual Fellowship for female students at the IEA which supports both the agency’s gender diversity strategy and the C3E TCP’s work program.
The Fellowship will provide on the job experience for a promising student to work in a multicultural environment on leading energy issues related to women’s education and skills development, clean energy or energy access.
The placement of a fellow at the IEA will provide both the agency and C3E TCP with direct input from the next generation of aspiring women leaders.
- The Fellowship will be open to female students from the following fields of study: Engineering, Science, Economics, Education, Political Science, and Women Studies.
- Candidates from all nationalities are welcome and those from IEA association, accession, and partner countries are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants should be highly motivated individuals with a keen interest in promoting women’s education and empowerment within the clean energy field.
- Candidates must be registered as a student for the full duration of the fellowship.
- The fellowship will support research, data collection and development activities to strengthen IEA’s support of the C3E TCP work program and also undertake a research project to feed into IEA’s current program of work.
- Interested candidates are asked to submit a research project proposal under one of the following topic areas: women’s education and skills development in clean energy, energy access or clean energy deployment.
Fellows will receive the equivalent of 2000 EUR per month for a period of up to 8 months plus return transfer to Paris.
How to apply?
- Download the application form from here.
- Please submit completed applications with Subject Line ‘C3E Fellowship Application’ to
The last date to apply for the fellowship is May 20, 2019.