Are you an English teacher looking to study for a postgraduate qualification in English language teaching and the use of technology in the classroom? Then apply for the British Council Scholarships for English Teachers in India 2022-23.
About the British Council Scholarships for English Teachers
They are delighted to offer an opportunity for English teachers in India to apply for fully-funded scholarships to study for a master’s level qualification with two leading universities in the UK.
These scholarships are open to individuals working in or with the government schools sector, who have not previously received a scholarship to study at a UK university.
To support this in 2022-23 they are offering:
- Three fully-funded Scholarships for English Teachers for educators from India to complete the face-to-face MA TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) from the University of Leeds.
- Three fully-funded Scholarships for English Teachers for educators from India to complete the online MSc TESOL and Computer Assisted Language Learning from the University of Stirling.
Ways of studying
Option 1: Face-to-face / full-time
The MA programme from the University of Leeds is a face-to-face course and runs from September 2022 to August 2023 and students are expected to be in the UK for the duration of the course.
Option 2: Online / part-time
For teachers who are unable to spend a year in the UK, we highly recommend the option of studying for the online MSc with the University of Stirling. This includes a two-week fully-funded residential visit to Stirling as part of the programme.
For both the face-to-face and online programmes, they are offering a full scholarship which will cover:
- IELTS exam costs
- Tuition fees
- Stipend for living expenses while in the UK
- Flights and connecting travel to the UK
- Visa costs and insurance
- University of Leeds face-to-face MA programme: 1 May 2022
- University of Stirling online MSc programme: 17 June 2022