Applications are now invited from young scientists and researchers for attending the 5th BRICS Young Scientist Conclave at Chelyabinsk, Russia. The program will be partly funded by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, and partly by The Higher Education of the Russian Federation.
The conclave will be held from September 7 to 11, 2020.
The idea of the BRICS Young Scientist Forum was adopted at the 2nd BRICS Science, Technology, and Innovation (STI) Ministerial Meeting. As part of BRICS YS Forum’s activities, the 1st BRICS Young Scientist Conclave was held in Bangalore (India) in September 2016, the 2nd Conclave was held in Hangzhou, China during July 2017, 3rd in South Africa in June 2018 and 4th in Brazil in 2019.
Per each BRICS country 21 participants are expected:
- 5 young scientists for thematic area «Ecology»;
- 5 young scientists for the thematic area: Materials science
- 5 young scientists for the thematic area: Artificial Intelligence
- 4 young innovators with projects for the thematic areas: Ecology, Materials Science and Artificial Intelligence applied in Ecology and Materials science areas;
- 1 independent jury member for the Young Innovators Prize;
- 1 Head of Delegation (representative of the STI Ministry); All participants will have an opportunity to attend the activities of the Science Communication Program.
The International air travel-related expenses (airfare, medical insurance, visa fee, etc) shall be met by the Department of Science & Technology, Govt of India) whereas the entire local hospitality ie food, accommodation and local transport in Russia will be supported by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Russian Federation for the entire duration of stay in Russia.
- Scientists/ engineers/ technologists/ innovators/ science journalists-educators science, science literacy and popularizing professional/ specialists on translational aspects of research and technology integration in society-market/ researchers in the subject areas of Ecology, Materials Science and Artificial intelligence and holding a Masters degree (Ph.D. students) or Ph.D. degree up to the age of 40 years as on the last date of submitting the applications are eligible to apply.
- Young innovators must be up to 30 years old.
- The candidates working in private companies/ Industries are not eligible to apply.
- The applicants who have already participated in the previous editions of BRICS Young Scientist Conclaves are NOT eligible to apply.
The selection of Indian participants for participating in the BRICS YS Conclave 2020 shall be made by an Expert Selection Committee to be constituted by DST. The selection shall be based on the assessment of information (academic record) provided by the applicant in the application form and the reference letter(s) by any of the eminent researchers/scientists/ guides/ mentors of the candidate. The reference letters must be submitted along with the application form only.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
The following additional documents are required to submitted along with the application form Enclosures:
- Brief CV of the applicant (Maximum 2 pages).
- One reference letter from peer/ guide/ mentor/ academician/ scholar etc. indicating your research interests and achievements.
- Copy of the first and last page of the passport.
The last date to apply is July 15, 2020.
Phone Number: 011-26537976, 26590560 ‘
Email ID: Sharma_rk@nic.in
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in 13th Eco-generation Environmental Essay Competition 2020 by Samsung & UN Environment [Win Exciting Prizes]: Submit by Sept 2.