The Braun Prize is honoring Great Designs, Visionary ideas, and Clever Solutions from Students and Young Creatives from all over the world.
About the Competition
The BraunPrize is looking for innovative product design concepts for today as well as visions for the future. Entries must be product design and/or product interaction concepts that are not yet on the market or in production. The focus of BraunPrize is on product design. Software, interaction, or media design will be considered as an integral part of an overall product concept (hardware and software).
Ideas to prepare for Competition
- The product concepts submitted should represent innovations in design, technology, and user experiences.
- The conceptual designs should be developed with user needs in mind.
- Concepts can address global problems or find simple, ingenious solutions for daily routines.
- Participants are free to choose any subject for their product concept as long as the ideas are significant, substantial, meaningful, and connect to the theme: Shape tomorrow.
The BraunPrize has always been entirely independent of the Braun product range and is not restricted to products from the consumer goods sector.
Who can Participate?
- The BraunPrize competition is pleased to welcome all submissions from entrants that are 18 years of age or older.
- Individual or team participation is accepted and there is no limit in group size. Please choose one contact person and fill in that person’s data in the registration form online.
- The names of all other team members must be listed in the respective field and all team members will receive equal recognition.
- All P&G and Braun employees or their relatives are excluded from the competition.
- Also, no relative of a jury member (design firm, colleague, team, or family member, etc.) is permitted to enter. Any involvement will result in automatic disqualification from the competition.
- Concept & Idea:
- How the concept embodies the 2021 theme: “Shape tomorrow”. How it differs from existing solutions.
- Design & Innovation
- How well the concept combines technology, ergonomics, and aesthetics.
- How thoroughly the environmental and the cultural impact are considered.
The Competition is divided into 2 Categories. You will be asked to choose your category during the online submission process.
- Students- Product concepts from students who are still studying or (for recent graduates) which were created during the time of the study.
- Young Creatives- Product concepts from young designers and inventors who have graduated within the last 5 years.
How to Apply?
- Several projects can be submitted per person. If you want to participate in multiple projects please register again. You will receive a new registration number and password for each project. However, every concept can only be registered once.
- Submission will be completely digital. No physical models required.
- Fill the personal and project information into a digital form and upload your documents at the official link given below. The online submission form will be accessible from July 1st to August 31st, 2021.
- All required documents need to be uploaded in digital format.
- The name of the entrant or a company logo must not appear on any of the items submitted. However, project names – such as “LeapFrog” – are permitted on all elements and provide a useful reference.
- In order to ensure complete anonymity, projects will only be identified with your registration number throughout the entire competition.
- The number will be automatically assigned when you register.
- Click here to know more details regarding how to apply for the competition.
- Submission Period- July 1 to August 31, 2021
- Jury Panel- June 2021
- Winner Announcement- October 2021
- The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2021 by Royal Commonwealth Society: Submit by Jun 30
- CIWEM Environmental Photographer of the Year (EPOTY) Competition 2021 [Prizes Worth Rs. 10 L]: Register by Aug 14