Mechanical Engineers desirous of pursuing a career with BPCL are required to appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) -2018.
- Full time, B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc (Engg) through AICTE/UGC approved Indian Universities / Institutes.
- Candidates should have passed the degree in first attempt.
- Candidates with Integrated Courses or courses with 5 years or more course duration would not be eligible to apply for the position.
- The courses offered by Autonomous Institutions should be equivalent to the relevant courses approved/recognized by Association of Indian Universities (AIU)/UGC/AICTE.
- Candidates in the final year of their engineering studies may also apply.
Percentage of marks:
- Candidates belonging to General and OBC (Non- Creamy Layer/NCL) categories should have secured minimum 60% marks in the qualifying degree examination.
- The applicable minimum percentage of marks for Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST) /Persons With Disability (PWD) candidates is 50%.
- Candidates in the final year of engineering belonging to General and OBC (NCL) categories should have secured minimum 60% marks (in aggregate up to last semester), relaxable to 50% for SC/ST/ PWD candidates.
- If you have done diploma in mechanical engineering and joined B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc.(Engg) from the second year, you need to enter the aggregate marks obtained from second year till your final semester.
Age as on 1.06.2018:
- General Candidates: Maximum 25 years (born on or after 2nd June 1993)
- OBC (Non-Creamy layer): Maximum 28 years (Born on or after 02.06.1990)
- SC/ST: Maximum 30 years (Born on or after 02.06.1988)
- PWDs (Persons with disability) with degree of disability 40% or above: Age relaxation of up to 10 years (Born on or after 02.06.1983)
- Candidates domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir between 1.1.1980 and 31.12.1989: Age relaxation of up to 5 years
- Ex-servicemen & Commissioned Officers (including ECOs & SSCOs, subject to rendering minimum 5 years’ military service and fulfillment of other conditions prescribed by Government of India): Age relaxation of up to 5 years
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (NCL) & PWD categories will need to furnish valid caste certificates & PWD Certificates respectively as per the formats prescribed by the Government of India.
- Shortlisting based on GATE-2018 Scores in Mechanical Discipline.
- Further shortlisting:
- Group Discussions / Alternate selection methodology
- Personal Interviews
Final selection based on Medical Fitness in Pre -Employment Medical Examination.
Training and placement:
- Candidates selected as ‘Management Trainee’ would be normally on Probation for one year (Extendable in case of non-satisfactory performance) and on successful completion of probationary period, would be confirmed as ‘Executive’ in the respective business unit/entity.
- Candidates can be posted across the country, in any of the businesses/locations or offices including joint ventures & subsidiary companies of BPCL currently in existence and establishments that may be set up in future besides roles on deputation to other organizations.
- The work profile entails Operations (working in shift duties at various operating locations/installations/depots) and Sales in the Marketing function and in the Process & Engineering roles in the Refineries.
- Candidates selected as “Management Trainee” would be normally placed in Job Group “A”, with a basic salary of Rs. 24,900/- (Scale of Pay Rs. 24,900 – Rs. 50,500). In addition, Dearness Allowance (DA) based on IDA pattern is payable. House Rent Assistance, if applicable will vary based on the class of city of posting.
Online applications commence from January 5, 2018.