The Borealis Student Innovation Award is an international competition for students from all over the world to submit thesis research papers.
The award recognises and rewards the three best thesis research papers (one for a bachelor’s degree graduate, one for a master’s degree graduate and one for a doctorate degree graduate).
The thesis work shall focus on one of the following research areas:
- Polyolefin catalysts
- Olefin and polyolefin processes
- Polyolefin polymer properties
- Enhanced olefin analysis and polyolefin characterisation methods
- Polyolefin applications
- Sustainability in or with polyolefins or base chemicals (i.e. circular economy, recycling, etc.)
- Discoveries in the polyolefin world that have a practical relevance for society
- Base chemical processes (ammonia, nitric acid, fertilizer, urea, melamine, phenol)
The Borealis Student Innovation Award consists of a certificate, the award, a trip to Stenungsund, Sweden, in May 2018 to visit our Innovation Centre with a unique networking opportunity.
It would also include a monetary sum of EUR 5,000 (Rs. 3 lakh approx.) for the doctorate degree graduate awardee, EUR 2,000 (Rs. 1.5 lakh approx.) for the master’s degree graduate awardee and EUR 1,000 (Rs. 76,000 approx.) for the bachelor’s degree graduate awardee.
The winners will also have the opportunity to present and discuss their thesis work with members of the Borealis research team.
- Graduates in the area of sustainability, chemistry, polymer chemistry, polymer science, polymer analytic, technical chemistry, mechanical and industrial engineering or applications with a particular focus on polyolefins, olefins or base chemicals.
- The thesis should not be more than two years old and must be finalised by the end of February 2018 to be eligible for the award.
The Borealis Student Innovation Award application must be in English and consist of the three parts listed below-
- Application Cover Sheet (Download PDF)
- A maximum two-page abstract on your thesis
- Your curriculum vitae (CV) (maximum two pages)
Please send these materials to [email protected] Please note that your application will not be considered unless you submit all required documents with a fully completed Application Cover Sheet.
Deadline: March 31
Tel: +43 1 22 400 300
Fax: +43 1 22 400 333
Email: [email protected]
For details, visit the original website link given here.