BITS Pilani has invited applications for admission to PhD programme at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses under ‘Full Time’ and ‘Part Time’ scheme in various Departments for the first Semester 2017-18
Any Higher Degree such as M.E./M.Pharm./MBA/M.Phil of BITS or its equivalent with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the qualifying examination. Candidates with an M.Sc./B.E./B.Pharm or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate may also be considered for Ph.D. admission subject to their suitability and competence.
For Ph.D. Programme in Humanities and Social Sciences, candidates with an M.A. and with minimum of 55% aggregate may also be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be called for a written test/interview for selections.
Full time students
Candidates are required to devote their full time towards Ph.D. Short listed candidates will be required to come to designated campuses at Pilani / Goa / Hyderabad, for test and/or interview.
The seats under full time schemes are limited so preference will be given to candidates working in ongoing sponsored projects in the Institute, and the CSIR/UGC- NET qualified candidates.
Part time students
Candidates working in organizations situated in close vicinity of campuses of BITS Pilani will be admitted under this scheme.
How to Apply?
- Applications have to be submitted online via this link.
- After filling it online, candidates are required to take printout of the form and send one copy along with the proof of fee payment by registered or speed post to Dean Admissions, BITS, Pilani, Rajasthan-333031 so as to reach on or before 5:00 P.M. 16th May 2017. Keep a copy of the form for your reference.
Application Fee is Rs. 2200/-. It can be paid by credit card, net banking or by cash payment at all ICICI Bank branches through a challan.
- Last date for completed application form to reach admission office: May 16 (5.00 PM)
- Declaration of shortlist to candidates (through BITS website): June 1
- Test / Interviews: July 20
- Announcement of admission offers to PhD Programmes : July 23
- Admission of Selected students: July 29
- Freshmen Orientation Programme: July 30-31
- Registration: Aug 1
Assistantship (Fee Waiver and Stipend):
Those admitted to full time PhD programme will be considered for Project/Research Assistantships to the tune of Rs. 13,200/- to Rs. 20,000/- per month or more.
Selected candidates will be required to participate in teaching and other developmental programme of the institute under the guidance of a mentor.
To find the information brochure regarding admissions to this programme, click here.