University Innovation Cluster-Biotechnology has been established by BIRAC in University of
Rajasthan to foster innovations and entrepreneurship for Post-Doctoral & Post-Graduate students.
The fellowships are highly competitive and exceptionally motivated students who have an eye for innovation and drive for start-ups would be selected for the fellowships.
UICB will incubate and mentor selected applicants for carrying out innovative research. Interested applicants can apply with their area-specific research proposals to UIC-B, University of Rajasthan.
Applicants who have completed their Ph.D. degree (for Post-Doctoral Fellowship) or Masters/B.Tech/ B.Pharma/B.E degree (for Post-Graduate Fellowship) on or after 1st January 2017 are eligible.
Scope & Support
- BIRAC Innovation Fellowships are for a high level of innovation and application research in the biotechnology sector. This scheme supports only up-to-concept stage.
- Post Doctoral Fellow: INR 50,000 per month with an annual research grant of INR 5 lakhs.
- Post Graduate Fellow INR 30,000 per month with an annual research grant of INR 2 lakhs.
- The fellowship is for a period of 18 months with a provision of 6 months extension only for deserving cases.
- Mentoring support and project monitoring by UIC, BIRAC and partner industries.
How to Apply
The proposal under the UIC scheme has to be submitted in the prescribed format available here with relevant self-attested documents by post to RU UIC-B.
Hard Copy Submission will Closes: June 30.