The Biozentrum encourages talented, ambitious and highly motivated young scientists from all over the world to apply for the prestigious and sought after fellowships offered by the Biozentrum Basel International Ph.D. Program. In contrast to many other Ph.D. student programs that aim at broad recruitment of many candidates, the “Biozentrum Ph.D. Fellowships” are awarded on a competitive basis to a maximum of 10 successful candidates per open call.
Recipients are offered a unique rotation-based selection of a research group of choice and a number of other incentives that foster the scientific excellence and the career prospects of these Ph.D. candidates.
- You must either already hold or expect to soon receive a university degree that qualifies you for a Ph.D. program at the University of Basel (MSc, Diploma, etc.).
- In exceptional cases, outstanding students with a BSc degree (eg. USA, Canada, Singapore) are also eligible to apply to the fellowship’s program; they, however, will have to pass additional courses at the Biozentrum after acceptance.
- If you have already enrolled at the Biozentrum or plan to start your Ph.D. thesis before September 1, or respectively March 1, of the same year as the open call, you are no longer eligible to apply.
How to Apply?
The winter call is open until December 15, 2019. Interested candidates can submit their application by clicking online.
Your application must include:
- electronic copies of your diploma/MSc degree with grades and transcripts as pdf files
- The CV or scientific résumé (maximum one page, pdf format)
- names and contact information of 2 referees from your previous academic environment (usually faculty members).
Phone Number: +41 61 207 21 11
Email ID: empfang-biozentrum (at) unibas.ch