Biotechnology Skill Enhancement Programme (BiSEP) by DST, Government of Karnataka [Monthly Fellowship Rs 10k]: Apply by July 31
The 2nd phase of BTFS renamed as Biotechnology Skill Enhancement Programme (BiSEP) aims to continue to educate and empower human resource to bridge the gap between the biotech industry and academia.
A very unique initiative in India, it covers 9 Biotech domains in 18 reputed PG institutions across 8 districts of Karnataka.
- Impart industry-oriented skill-upgrading training
- Enhance employability in the biotech sector.
- Train & mentor students/faculty from different districts of Karnataka.
- Nurture the local talent and create an ecosystem of entrepreneurship and growth of the biotech sector.
- Create a research environment that fosters excellent R&D in host institutions to address challenges existing in areas of Agriculture, Health, Energy, Environment and other sectors.
- Bioinformatics & Big Data Analytics
- BioPharmaceutical Technology
- Cellular & Molecular Diagnostics
- Clinical Research and Data Management
- Fermentation & Bioprocessing
- Multi OMICs Technology
- Nutraceuticals & Food Processing
- Plant Genetic Engineering and Protein Expression & Scale-up.
- M.Sc in Biotech/ Microbiology/ Biochemistry/ Bioinformatics or any other Life Sciences related courses or B.E./ B.Tech (Biotech/ Bioinformatics) or B.Pharma/ B.Sc (Agri)/ b.VSc or any 4 years degree courses in Life Sciences and subjects with minimum 50% marks in the qualifying degree examination (40% for students belonging to SC/ ST categories).
One Year Programme ( 6 months of academic training & 6 months industry Internship)
Through the online entrance test- Karnataka Biotechnology Aptitude Test (K-BAT) and Counselling.
Interested candidates can register by clicking here.
Phone Number: 91 80 22270106
For further details, click here.
About the Author
When I die, bury me with all my tatts on. When I die, bury me without the lights on.