IIT Kharagpur is organizing a Short Term Course on Biotechnology & Intellectual Property Law from December 14 to 19, 2020. In this course, they aim to teach what IPR is, with a special focus on patents. Also, this course will look at the importance of patents in the world of biotechnology and what can be actually patented.
At what stage protection of invention/research should be initiated and what can be the long term benefits, how IPR is helpful for entrepreneurship, all these questions will be addressed in this course. The course will also shed light on the working of patents and enable the participants to assess whether their research should be protected or not.
- Introduction to different types of IPR
- Biotech Invention: Nature and Scope
- filing procedure
- Claims and concept of Freedom to Operate in Biotech area
- Legal and ethical issues related to biotech patents
- Biotechnology and other forms of IPR
- Bio-entrepreneurship Patentability of Biotech inventions
- Patent application and IPR
- Faculty members from the AICTE-QIP approved Institutions
- Others: Research fellows/ Ph.D. Students/ Postdoc fellows/ Scientist/ Industry personnel working in biotech or Life Sciences domain
- Minimum Qualification: Master’s Degree in Biotechnology/ Lifesciences/ Microbiology or any related area.
- For Faculty members from the AICTE-QIP approved Institutions: Nil
- For Non-AICTE faculty and Industry person: INR 8,000/- (Eight thousand)+GST@18% per participant,
- For outside Students: INR 5,000/- (Five thousand)+GST@18% per participant
Participants from AICTE-QIP approved institutions will be reimbursed to and fro railway fare via the shortest route (proof of journey/ ticket needed) limited to maximum AC 3-tier from their institutes and free lodging and boarding in the Visveswaraya Guest House (VGH) during the course period.
To apply online for the course, click here. The last date to register online is November 18, 2020.
- Closing of online registration: 18th November 2020
- Announcement of shortlisted candidates: 30th November 2020
- Commencement of course: 14th December 2020
- End of course: 19th December 2020
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Course on Introduction to Glass Science & Technology at IIT Kharagpur [May 18-23]: Register by Apr 30.