The Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC), invites proposals from prospective principal investigators Biotechnology Ignition Grant Big-Scheme (BIG) 2021.
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC), a Section 8 ‘Not-for-Profit Company’ of the Government of India, has been set up as DBT’s interface agency, to serve as a single-window for emerging biotech companies.
The scheme enables technology innovators and entrepreneurs to pursue a promising technology idea, and establish and validate proof of concept (POC) for the idea.
- Supports high-level innovation in the Biotech sector and is not meant for basic research projects.
- Grant-in-aid up-to INR 50 lakhs for a maximum period of 18 months.
- Implementation and Mentoring through BIRAC’s BIG Partners.
Who can Apply?
BIRAC invites proposals from Biotech Start-ups and Individual Entrepreneurs with innovative ideas having potential for commercialization. Eligible entities include:
- Start up age allowed for a registered company/ LLP incorporated under BIG w.e.f 1st Aug 2020: 5 years
- Scientists, Faculty, Research Scholars, Graduates in any discipline incubating/ intend to incubate at a BioIncubator.
Call for Proposals
Interested candidates can submit their proposals online by clicking here. The last date to submit the proposals is February 15, 2021.
Email ID: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.