Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC), invites proposals from prospective principal investigators Biotechnology Ignition Grants (BIG) 2020.
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) is a not-for-profit state-owned enterprise under the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India to strategically empower emerging biotech companies.
Innovations under Healthcare, Lifesciences, Diagnostics, Medical Devices, Drugs, Vaccines, Drug Formulations and Delivery Systems, Industrial Biotechnology, Agriculture, Secondary Agriculture, Waste Management, Sanitation, Clean Energy and Related Areas.
- Supports high-level innovation in the Biotech sector and is not meant for basic research projects.
- Grant-in-aid up-to INR 50 lakhs for a maximum period of 18 months.
- Implementation and Mentoring through BIRAC’s BIG Partners.
BIRAC invites proposals from Biotech Start-ups and Individual Entrepreneurs with an innovative idea having potential for commercialization. Eligible entities include:
- Startup age allowed for a registered company/ LLP incorporated under BIG w.e.f 1st Aug 2020: 5 years
- Scientists, Faculty, Research Scholars, Graduates in any discipline incubating/ intend to incubate at a BioIncubator.
Call for Proposals
Interested candidates can submit their proposals online by clicking here. The last date to submit the proposals is September 15, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.