The Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India, through the nodal agency, Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB), Faridabad is conducting Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET) 2021. Applications are invited from bonafide Indian citizens, residing in India for the award of ‘DBT-Junior Research Fellowship’ (DBT-JRF) to pursue research in frontier areas of Biotechnology across the country. Based on the performance in BET 2021, candidates will be shortlisted under Category-I and Category-II of the DBT-JRF Programme. Government of India norms for reservation will be followed for shortlisting of candidates.
Candidates shortlisted under Category-I will be eligible to avail fellowship at any recognized University/ Institution across India, where the candidate registers for a PhD. Programme. Candidates selected under Category-II will be eligible to be appointed in any DBT sponsored project and enrol for PhD programme as per institutional norms, subject to selection through the institutional selection process. There will be no binding on Principal Investigators of DBT sponsored projects to select JRF for their project from the Category-II list. Selection in Category-II will not entitle candidates for any fellowship from the DBT-JRF programme.
- Bachelors (B.E./ B.Tech.) and Masters (M.Sc./ M.Tech./ M.VSc./ Integrated M.Sc./ M.Tech.) in any discipline of Biotechnology, Life-Sciences or any other allied areas of Biology.
- Candidates admitted in any of the M.Sc./ M.Tech./ M.VSc./ M.Sc.(Agri) programmes supported under the DBT
- Post Graduate Teaching Programme shall be eligible to apply.
- Candidates who are yet to appear in the final semester examination or awaiting the result of the final semester examination are also eligible to apply.
- Marks: Minimum 60% of marks for General, EWS & OBC category and 55% of marks for SC/ ST/ Differently Abled in aggregate (or equivalent grade).
- Age Limit: Upto 28 years of age as of the last date of application for General & EWS category. Age relaxation of up to 5 years (33 years) for SC/ ST/ Differently Abled/ Women candidates and up to 3 years (31 years) for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates.
Details of the Award
Category-I entitles a shortlisted candidate for activation of fellowship subject to joining Ph.D. Programme and subsequent registration of PhD from recognized University/ Institution across India within two (2) years from the date of issuance of award letter. Registration for PhD is the candidate’s responsibility and DBT/ RCB has no role/ responsibility in this matter. Verification of documents will be carried out for shortlisted candidates only. The Award letter will not be issued to candidates found ineligible or who submit incorrect documents or whose documents are not received after one (1) year from the date of declaration of the BET 2021 result.
The medium of BET 2021 examination will be in English only. The pattern of question paper will comprise Multiple Choice Questions as given below):
- Section-A will comprise 50 compulsory multiple-choice questions of the 10+2 level in the subjects: General Science, Mathematics, Chemistry, General Aptitude, Analytical, Quantitative Ability, and General Biotechnology, and each question carries Three (03) marks. There will be negative marking and for each incorrect response, One (01) mark will be deducted from the total marks. Un-answered/ un-attempted questions will be given a Zero (0) mark.
- Section-B will comprise 150 multiple choice questions of specific areas in Biotechnology and the candidate has to attempt 50 questions and each question carries Three (03) marks. There will be negative marking and for each incorrect response, One (01) mark will be deducted from the total marks. Un-answered/ un-attempted questions will be given a Zero (0) mark.
How to Apply?
A non-refundable and non-transferable application fee of Rs. 1200/-is payable by General/ OBC/ EWS candidates and Rs 600/- by SC/ ST/ PWD candidates.
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is July 31, 2021.
You might also be interested in:
- TCS Ninja Hiring 2021 for Freshers [Test on Aug 30]: Apply by Aug 15
- Albert Einstein International Scholarship Test 2021 for School and College Student [Prizes Upto Rs. 1.70 L]: Apply by Dec 31