The National Center for Biological Sciences, Bangalore invites applications for The BioEngineering Research Initiative (BERI) is conceived as a platform to facilitate interdisciplinary interactions between biologists, physicists, engineers, material scientists, and medical doctors.
The structure of the collaboration revolves around a core group of faculty who facilitate interactions with colleagues in other research and academic institutions. The BERI early career awards comprise postdoctoral positions, under existing research programs in the Bangalore Bio Cluster. Applicants are expected to work alongside the lab members while bringing in expertise in bio-engineering.
Candidates should not have more than 4 years of postdoctoral research experience and should be able to clearly articulate their scientific interests and directions. They must be sponsored by a local host who is a member of the NCBS/ inStem Faculty.
- The BERI Fellows will be provided with a consolidated fellowship of Rs. 60,000 per month.
- Research projects will be developed in close collaboration with those of their hosts. Research costs are not supported.
- The host laboratory will undertake to provide resources and space, with the possibility of additional support, as needed.
- BERI postdoctoral fellows will remain eligible for sponsorship for a range of external competitive fellowships from other agencies.
- Also, the candidate is encouraged to apply for our Campus Fellows Program (CFP).
How to Apply?
Applicants will identify the laboratory with which they would like to be associated in preliminary discussions with the host faculty member. Once both the host faculty member and the candidate agree, an application can be submitted to Head Academics at NCBS who will coordinate the processing and review of the application.
Your full application package as a single collated PDF should consist of the following:
- Your latest CV
- A research proposal with detailed plans and timelines of the project, developed in close collaboration with your proposed host.
- A letter of support from your proposed host
- At least 2 letters of reference
Candidates are requested to email their application email@example.com.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.