BBC is looking for an exceptional Hindi speaking Reporter to join the Delhi based team on a 12 month fixed term contract. Apply by March 24.
BBC World Service is an international multimedia broadcaster, part of BBC News, delivering a wide range of language and regional services and working increasingly with other parts of BBC News to serve global audiences.
The BBC World Service has introduced four new language services serving audiences in India – Gujarati, Marathi, Punjabi, and Telugu – to work alongside two existing services, BBC Hindi and BBC Tamil.
BBC Hindi has a 24*7 website with a very vibrant social media presence and presence on radio platform. BBC Hindi has a specific focus on women and young audience.
All six Indian language services are based predominantly in the BBC’s Delhi bureau, working closely and collaboratively with all teams in that office and with teams in the BBC’s headquarters in London to deliver the best service for BBC audiences.
Role & Responsibility:
- The BBC Hindi reporter will play a crucial role within the service, with TV and digital output. Not only will you be providing timely, expert and authoritative coverage of news and current affairs events in South Asia, but you will be advising teams on science & health-related stories in the patch for wider BBC consumption also.
- You will be required to report for multi-platform outlets, including television, online and social media and radio in Hindi.
- On a day to day basis you will provide broadcast coverage in Hindi and English, covering news topics and events related to science and health-related issues.
- You will also advise on news developments and will contribute to playbacks, programme reviews, and editorial decisions.
- The successful candidate will be an experienced Reporter with a thorough knowledge of science and health-related topics.
- You will have a proven track record in creating news content for social media and other digital platforms and a deep understanding of the region and audience requirements.
- It is essential that applicants are fluent in Hindi and English, both written and spoken.
- Contract: 12 months fixed term contract.
- Location: Delhi, India
To apply, register here.
For help, click here.
For further information, click here.