About the Challenge
Entries are open for BIEA University Stem Challenge 2020. The ‘BIEA University STEM Challenge 2020’ will help young inventors and designers get started on their entrepreneurial career. They are looking for ambitious, creative, curiosity-driven people with a passion for solving problems and making a difference who are role models of entrepreneurship for future generations.
Theme: “Help us solve the global plastic problem!”
The proposed technology/service can be an innovation or invention in engineering and/or technology. Engineering is defined broadly, including, but not limited to software, design, energy, cleantech, materials and medical devices.
You should have identified a viable and commercial business proposition with a market opportunity. You must submit the following as your competition entry:
- An executive summary report of your innovation/business idea, no more than 500 words.
- A pitch deck presentation of your idea/research project (maximum 30 slides).
- A short video of your presentation of your project, no more than 10 minutes
- You can enter individually or as a team of up to 5.
- The age of your team/ you must be aged between 18-21 years old.
- You must be studying for a degree (or equivalent) qualification.
- Entry into the Competition is free.
- There will be one grand prize winner or winning team
- A cash prize of £1000 (GBP)
- The opportunity to take part in our iSTEM ambassador training course and become a certified BIEA iSTEM ambassador with support/guidance from leading UK STEM experts from Royal Institution, British Council, Engineering UK etc.
How to Register?
- To register for the competition, click here.
- Participants need to email the summary report, pitch deck and presentation videos to competition[at]biea.org.uk by 31st July 2020.
- Also, submit any accompanying documentation (such as the PowerPoint file) along with your video.
- If the file size is too large, please store the videos in the Cloud and send us a link so we can download them.
- Make sure you include your name, email address, your team name and your institution with your submission.
- The submission deadline is 5pm (GMT) 31 July 2020.
- The winner will be announced on 15 August 2020.
Phone: +44 207175 8566
For further details, click here.