Microsoft, in association with Bengaluru International Airport Limited (BIAL) brings to you the BIAL Genie Hackathon. All developers and hackathon enthusiasts are invited to participate.
About the BIAL Genie Hackathon
This hackathon consists of 3 phases:
- Idea Phase:
Participants can register on this hackathon page and submit their ideas. These submissions must contain solutions to the problem statements that are added in this phase. This is an online phase.
- Prototype Phase:
Participants shortlisted in the first phase will be invited to build a functioning prototype based on their shortlisted Idea. This is an online phase. It is mandatory to use Azure services while building your prototype. Free Azure credits will be provided to the teams that are shortlisted for the prototype phase.
- Grand Finale:
The top teams from the Prototype phase will be invited to present their solutions to the BIAL jury at the grand finale.
Develop a BIAL Genie App – Open Innovation
With changing priorities of air travel passengers, the travel industry constantly needs to introduce new solutions and services that will improve passenger experience and give them a highly comfortable environment while flying.
We are looking for a digital concierge that enables passengers to have a simple, seamless, and engaging travel journey while flying through Bengaluru Airport thus allowing them to experience the airport as a ‘destination’.
Build innovative solutions using a wide array of Microsoft Azure Services to improve a passenger’s experience across the different stages of their journey—starting from planning the journey and boarding the flight to arriving at their destination airport and everything in between and after!
Some of the stages of a passenger journey that you can innovate under include but are not limited to:
1) Pre-travel experience
- Booking travel tickets
- Planning ride/commute to the airport
- Planning the stay
- Personalized recommendation from user-behaviour
2) Airport transit (from your home/hotel to the airport)
- Smart travel to the Airport
- Showing travel checklist and important guidelines
3) Experience at the airport (during travel)
- Smart parking services
- Self-serve kiosks
- Commercial information
- Maps and wayfinding
- Entertainment and services
- Food and beverage
- Omnichannel shopping
- Smart security and boarding
- Departure and arrival
- Baggage collection and departure
4) Post travel experience
- Smart commute to destination
- Passenger feedback management
- Customer support bots
The stages mentioned above are for reference only. While these are some broad highlights, you are encouraged to think out of the box and come up with innovative solutions that can simplify and enhance even the experience of people accompanying passengers to and from the airport.
- Accentuate your mind and give a creative name to your airport app
- Preferred stack: Mobile application
- Technology guidance: Microsoft Azure Services
- Use open source data for analytical and recommendation features
- Winner: INR 1,50,000
- Runner-up: INR 1,00,000
- Free Azure Certification Voucher and Bluetooth Headset
- This is a team participation hackathon. You can have 1 to 4 members in your team.
- You can either invite your friends to form a team or you can request other teams to add you as a member.
- The idea phase will start at Oct 27, 2021 06:00 PM IST and end at Nov 14, 2021 11:55 PM IST, you work on your hack during the allotted time only.
- The prototype phase will start at Nov 25, 2021 06:00 PM IST and end at Dec 12, 2021 11:55 PM IST, you work on your hack during the allotted time only.
- It’s an online hackathon, you can participate from anywhere.
- There is 1 theme of the hackathon, you must submit a hack that is in one of these themes.
- Once the hackathon starts, you will get an option to submit your hack, you can submit as many times as you want, the last hack will be considered as the final submission.
- You are expected to come up with new and innovative ideas, any idea that has been copied from somewhere will be disqualified.
- Your hack must be developed entirely during the Hackathon duration. You may use open source libraries and other freely available systems / services such as Google Maps, Facebook Connect, Twitter feeds etc.
- The intellectual property of your code belongs only to your team.
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the hackathon through this link.
Nov 14, 2021
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: