Applications are invited for 2-Year Bhumi Fellowship 2022 for Young Graduates. The last date of application is 19 December.
Bhumi is one of India’s largest volunteer organisations. Since 2006, the organisation has been providing youngsters a platform to serve the society and bridges the gap between the educated and the uneducated.
Our volunteers and staff educate and mentor children from orphanages, slum and village community centres and low-income schools across the country to give them a better future, which will benefit them as well as our country. Bhumi’s educational programs are currently operational across 12 cities in India.
About Bhumi Fellowship
The Bhumi Fellowship is a full-time paid two-year program designed to develop educational changemakers to lead the next movement in the public education system.
Centered around the holistic development of children, the Bhumi fellowship will help you build an ecosystem within the school, to enable school leaders and teachers to equip students with the knowledge, adaptability, and resilience to excel.
Preferred Education Qualification / Experience:
- Graduate in any stream. Degree in Education is a plus.
- Proven track record of excellence
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership skills – ability to lead and drive initiatives
- Ability to build relationships and invest them
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- Passion for social change through Education
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (ability to speak in Tamil mandatory)
- Good computer knowledge and MS Office skills
Interested candidates can apply online via this page.
- Your application will help us understand your experiences, your aspirations, and motivations to join the Bhumi Fellowship.
- A 30-minute telephonic conversation to understand a little more in depth about you that may not have been captured on the application form.
- Final stage of the selection process comprising lesson execution, group discussion, and problem solving. Upon clearing these, you will be invited to a 90-minute-long personal interview.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work actively on improving student learning outcomes by teaching for a minimum of 12-15 hours every week
- Support teachers with innovative teaching methods and upskilling them towards achieving excellent student learning outcomes
- Create a culture of collaboration, learning and love within the school to enable the social and emotional development of students
- Improve the leadership skills of Headmasters/Headmistresses
- Identify the challenges faced by the school or the community and design a robust and sustainable solution
- Build effective community-school linkages to improve the investment of the community in Education
- Facilitate trainings and spaces for teachers in the school towards building their knowledge, skills, and mindsets.
- Remuneration: Stipend of Rs. 18,000, non-negotiable
- Location: Chennai (Additional grant of INR 5,000 shall be applied for outstation fellows upon permanent relocation to Chennai for the fellowship)
You may also be interested in: